• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

left handed lower ar?

guys looking for a left handed lower receiver stripped is better but I can't find anything that is in stock i know Stag makes them but I can't find any lowers anyone know a website that might carry one? trying to make a left handed build for my father he's one of those guys who shoots rifles lefty but handguns righty

Isn't it just the safety/selector that's different for a lefty? If so, either get an ambi, or a lefty selector and use a standard lower. My vote would be for using an ambi so that anyone else could also use the rifle, not just him.

yeah I told him about that but he wants the mag release to be at his finger tip and the bolt release he's picky I'm just wondering if anyone has drilled their own

Last edited:
yeah I told him about that but he wants the mag release to be at his finger tip and the bolt release he's picky I'm just wondering if anyone has drilled their own

Get an ambi mag release... Pretty sure the bolt catch/release can't be relocated. If you got something like the BAD lever, that could give him more of what he wants. If he's got the $$ you can get parts for most any configuration... Personally, I'd tell him how much more going with that configuration will be. Might be the motivation he needs to learn to shoot a right handed AR... [rofl2]

Troy is on the 'ban forever' list...

All the lefty lowers I have seen had ambi type systems for most things. The fingertip mag release was still on the right.

I forget who made it but there's a left handed lower ever thing was swapped but the mag release. It used a different style mag catch.
Detent pins where swapped too. Company also made uppers the same way.

Isn't it just the safety/selector that's different for a lefty? If so, either get an ambi, or a lefty selector and use a standard lower. My vote would be for using an ambi so that anyone else could also use the rifle, not just him.

Actually no. I would throw all righties out with the bath water and get an exclusive left one. The reason being that (and a lefty would know this) is the selector in the safe position is one of the more uncomfortable ones to be found on a pistol gripped rifle. Uzi sucks too but not near as bad...

Back
Top Bottom