Lee Loadmaster Press

ram upstroke was what i meant

I think the loadmaster is not for me.

I will stick with my Dillon 550B and the Lee 4 hole turret for tinkering

If i want a second progressive later on, i will get the Hornady LnL

Thats cool, I bought it for the price point. way cheaper to get going than the Dillion or the hornady and will do what I want of it. The other ones mentioned do a better job of case and bullet feeding from what I have seen.
But the loadmaster works and is inexpensive.
ram upstroke was what i meant

I think the loadmaster is not for me.

I will stick with my Dillon 550B and the Lee 4 hole turret for tinkering

If i want a second progressive later on, i will get the Hornady LnL

Thats cool, I bought it for the price point. way cheaper to get going than the Dillion or the hornady and will do what I want of it. The other ones mentioned do a better job of case and bullet feeding from what I have seen.
But the loadmaster works and is inexpensive.

hard to beat a whole setup dies and all for $216.00 add a Lee FCD frr $14.00 and a reasonable setup for the money.

I may pick up a extra Lee FCD for my Dillon, not sure i like how the Dillon crimp die works

...All in all very happy and it was less than 250.00 from a local shop, (with some extra parts, he was close to midway and I hadn't bothered to send in a copy of my C&R for the discount yet.)...

Where did you find it local at a reasonable price? I called around, but noone would come close to Midway.

Reading this thread I am moving from the Dillon / Hornady and moving towards the Lee. At first the 4 hole turret press but now the load master. I shoot 380, 38spl, 9mm, 45 and 30 carbine. Thinking of a M 1 Garand or AR 15 so do I do the Load master with different die sets or a couple of Lee 1000 progressive.

I do not shoot alot but I am finding it harder to find places to bring brass in for reload and hate to toss it.

I am so confused now.

I will be honest the lee is a lower end unit but with a little polish they perform well.
for the price with dies they are hard to beat as far as I am concerned. If I had an unlimited budget? Not sure I would have to try Blue and see if they are that much better.

Right now with 9mm for example you are hard pressed to reload as cheap as rem umc or win at walmart or dicks. If you can shoot lead cast in 9mm the tide turns. (I am building 2 carbines this winter in 9mm and hope to get them running on lead ok) then I will load for 9mm.

I will likely go with a whole new 1000 for pistol cal myself, I have the loadmaster setup for .223 and .308 at this time.

I know you are out east but most of the guys on the board are out your way. I bet they would be willing to show you the different types of loaders in action so you can make up your mind. I would be willing to show you the loadmaster but I am in the northampton area.

start another thread and see if you can check a few out. otherwise sign up for the reloading class I bet they will have different loaders there.

Been posting on the training class and put a couple of messages on threads for a reloading class with no response, Were is a good place for training.

[off topic]

I think the reloading class EC was going to do was put on hold.

I understand that Kittery Trading Post does a free clinic 2X per month (not sure on the frequency).

[/off topic]

Back
Top Bottom