Lee 310gr .430

I casted up some 310gr bullets for 44mag, and I usually run these in front of 21.5gr of H110 with great results. I'm looking for a lighter non magnum load. I had previously used Unique for a much more tolerable load for extended plinking but can't find my data. Manufacturers data is scarce if existent at all. This is not a commercially available bullet and most info found is for magnum loads. Anyone using these bullets or have any info on the 44 heavyweights?

The 2nd edition of the Lee manual lists data for a 310 grain lead in .44 magnum. powders listed are red dot,green dot,unique,bullseye,herco,blue dot and 2400. Velocities run from 813 fps to 1150 fps.

I casted up some 310gr bullets for 44mag, and I usually run these in front of 21.5gr of H110 with great results. I'm looking for a lighter non magnum load. I had previously used Unique for a much more tolerable load for extended plinking but can't find my data. Manufacturers data is scarce if existent at all. This is not a commercially available bullet and most info found is for magnum loads. Anyone using these bullets or have any info on the 44 heavyweights?

My brother has this mold and when I had my Redhawk, it was a great whacker load. I don't know why you'd want to use this bullet in reduced loads, but maybe this link will shed some light...
http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/view_topic.php?id=5872&forum_id=24&highlight=h322
Couldn't you run less expensive 200g and 240g with Unique or Trail Boss and save the 310s for full-tilt loads?

I don't recall if the Lee 310 chambered in his M77/44, but I ran them at both crimp grooves in the Redhawk. Never did run them in a Ruger Carbine to see if they'd function properly.

I got in a casting frenzy and have 100's of them, instead of casting up some 240gr SWC's, figured I'd just use what I had already casted up. My previous "lighter loads". Still chrono'd at 900, either way these things hit like a wet phone book. I've taken several deer with the 310.

Back
Top Bottom