Laws Regarding Defending One's Dog

For real guy? This and and just about every other state in this nation have LEASH LAWS. <---wrong

That means as a responsible owner you keep your dog(s) under control at ALL TIMES.

It doesn't matter how "nice" you think your dogs are, they can be a threat to someone, not to mention the little "gifts" they deposit on someone else's lawn.

Tell them to keep the dogs tied up and YOU keep your gun in it's holster unless you are being attacked and didn't start it!

I can't believe someone that just took a gun safety class would even ask a question like this. [rolleyes][angry]

Massachusetts does not have leash laws. Boston might, and a few other towns might, but it's not a leash state. There are however, control laws. If you can't control your dogs, yadda, yadda....

Your neighbor sounds like an ass. Nothing you can really do except slap up a fence, privacy preferably.

Massachusetts does not have leash laws. Boston might, and a few other towns might, but it's not a leash state. There are however, control laws. If you can't control your dogs, yadda, yadda....

Your neighbor sounds like an ass. Nothing you can really do except slap up a fence, privacy preferably.

I can verify, Boston DOES have a leash ordinance.

Unless you are in your own home you have an obligation to distance yourself from any threat of grave bodily injury or death, and only if unsuccessful in distancing yourself from the threat would the use of deadly force be justifible.

I dont think you want to recommend anybody setps into the path of grave bodily injury or death, and if you choose to do so I dont think a jury would view your use of deadly force as justifiable.

Sincerely,

Todd S.

Really? You'd stand by and not do ANYthing to stop someone from brutalizing an animal? I guess that's your choice but, how does the saying go? "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

I hope I don't come across as a violence first kind of person, nor as overly sentimental about house pets, though I've certainly loved my share... but seriously, I couldn't just let that happen.

Really? You'd stand by and not do ANYthing to stop someone from brutalizing an animal? I guess that's your choice but, how does the saying go? "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

I didn't say I'd stand by and not do ANYthing, but its best if my actual response is based on what I am allowed to do in this situation (which may include a reasonable use of force).

I will say I would not intentionally put myself in a position, in an attempt to defend PROPERTY, that would require the justifiable use of lethal force to defend myself. MY life is worth more than ANY property (pets, cars, livestock, etc.).

Check out section III
http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsan...s/criminal/pdf/9260-defenses-self-defense.pdf

Sincerely,

Todd S

Back
Top Bottom