Larry’s guns

anybody know what’s going on with Larry’s guns? Don’t answer phone didn’t ship new purchase last week as promised don’t return calls or emails

nice guy helped me fit my 10m pistol to my hand and put me on rsw hobbies for practice and minor competitions

What a shame. I’m sure the shop will make it right and get it all sorted out. It may have been a small place but Larry was a man of his word. Place was busy on my short visit for parts.

RIP Larry.

Larry was a holder of many National records in Bullseye pistol, started the national civilian Ultradot team, was personally responsible for increasing women and junior participation, and poured tons of his own money into the Scarborough Fish & Game precision pistol range.
He'll be missed up here, as well as across the country among pistol shooters.

RIP Larry, I shot bullseye with him many times back in the day. He was a great guy and always willing to help other shooters. When shooting a match outside in a 30 knt wind he shot a 100 on his timed fire target to my barely getting 10 on the paper. When I asked him how he could do that he said "its easy just put the dot in the center of the target and squeeze" He was an amazing shooter and a first class guy......

RIP Larry you'll be missed!

Lawrence Bruce "Larry" Carter
Obituary
"To Larry's family, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I..."
  • - Grace Lee-Beko

0034692_V2_20181208.jpg
Lawrence "Larry" Bruce Carter 1950 - 2018 GRAY - Lawrence "Larry" Bruce Carter, 67, of Gray, passed away suddenly at his home on Monday, Dec. 3. He is survived by daughter, Amanda May Carter, her partner, Will Cassidy; his beloved granddaughter, Olive May; his mother, Phyllis Carter of Portland; brothers, Gerald Carter of Gray, Michael Carter of Portland, Paul Carter of Waterboro, and sisters, Carol Jo Morse of Westbrook and Mary "Betsy" Haskins of Middletown, Va. Larry was predeceased by his son, Larry Lee Carter; and his father, Joseph Carter.Larry attended Deering High School and served in the US Marine Corps where he excelled at electronics and sharp shooting. While stationed at 29 Palms Marine Corps base in California, he took up racing dirt bikes. This would later spark an interest in drag car racing. He and his beefed up green Ford Falcon "bullfrog" could be seen frequently speeding down Oxford Plains Dragway on Fridays and weekends.Following his USMC service Larry worked as a heavy equipment operator and mechanic for several years. In the early 90s he took his hobby of target shooting to a competitive level, participating in many local, as well as national shooting competitions. He was to become an elite competitive pistol shooter with a long and distinguished record, including individual and team National Pistol Championships. He held numerous national records. Larry was widely known as a strong advocate for the competitive shooting sports, in particular for supporting women and junior shooters. He dreamed of having an all-civilian pistol team compete at Camp Perry and formed Team Ultradot in 1998. A year later, his civilian team won the National Championship for the first time in decades and started a resurgence of civilian team shooting at the Nationals. They have continued their success to the present time. His contributions to the shooting sports community will be his legacy.Larry's love of shooting led to an entrepreneurial venture as a gunsmith. His skills and knowledge as a pistolsmith became well respected and his customer base grew to include national and international clients. A celebration of Larry's life is planned for the spring. Notice of the event will be announced at a later date.In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to The Friends of the Maine Wildlife Park PO Box 1231 Gray, Maine 04039

RIP Larry, I once spoke with him and did some business with him for some parts of an Ultradot scope. He was a pleasure to do business with. Very sorry to read this.

Back
Top Bottom