Lake Massapog, Sharon - Fishing tips?

rep308

NES Member
Does anyone fish on Lack Massapog in Sharon? I'm looking for tips for my 15 year old son who would use my canoe. I'm out there sailing and am looking to keep him busy. I don't know much about fresh water fishing

I use to fish there. We had karate camp at the boy scout camp there. I am not a great fisherman buy I was catching a few with a spinner.

I haven't fished there in a few years, but there are coves that you can get a canoe into very easily. I can't remember what we caught, but we had a good time. I hope to stop by some evening and try from the shore.

Fish the back right cove for nice largemouth. This time of year you need weedless setup, whether spinnerbaits or my favorite 9" Mann's Grape Jelly worms with firetail rigged Texas style. Back right is from rotary perspective. Any overhanging branches or submerged trees are also killer spots. Good luck. John

Hmm what kind of fishing do you plan on doing? Sorry no tips for powerbait fishermen. If you fly or spin I'd be happy to make some recommendation. There are some lunkers to be found there!

Does anyone fish on Lack Massapog in Sharon? I'm looking for tips for my 15 year old son who would use my canoe. I'm out there sailing and am looking to keep him busy. I don't know much about fresh water fishing

Do you race with the boat club? How is it? I mean to stop by there sometime and check it out, problem is I'm busy with sailplanes for recreation in the summer.

It was stocked with trout a couple of weeks back. There is the powerbait on the bottom with a slip sinker (boring), but with all of the trout in there right now you might be able to hook up with one using a small kastmaster, al's goldfish or maybe a vibrax spinner.

Fish the back right cove for nice largemouth. This time of year you need weedless setup, whether spinnerbaits or my favorite 9" Mann's Grape Jelly worms with firetail rigged Texas style. Back right is from rotary perspective. Any overhanging branches or submerged trees are also killer spots. Good luck. John

I can attest to this spot with LARGE caught 4-5#. If you have a canoe, there is a sand flat right in the middle where the trout hang out. Try trolling a mepps spinner or a streamer fly while making your way to the back cove for the bass.

Back
Top Bottom