L.A. to install subway body scanners to detect "mass-casualty" weapons

It's voluntary, but if you don't do it, no subway for you. I'm sure they won't be stopping people who are legally carrying a firearm and ask to see their papers, right? And I'm sure these machines have been tested for health hazards for years before being implemented right?
Everyday the noose gets tighter.

I believe the scanner they're using reads the body's native radiation, it's a passive scanner. So no risk, but it probably wouldn't show say, a firearm holstered on your hip, or behind your back, unless they add a 2nd scanner that sees your back. So it's really only going to see something like a vest or a long gun hidden on your body.

I believe the scanner they're using reads the body's native radiation, it's a passive scanner. So no risk, but it probably wouldn't show say, a firearm holstered on your hip, or behind your back, unless they add a 2nd scanner that sees your back. So it's really only going to see something like a vest or a long gun hidden on your body.
If the scanner isn't pass-through, why do you think they wouldn't just have multiple? If you have one at the top, and another at the bottom of each escalator bank, you'll get everyone coming and going...

It's voluntary, but if you don't do it, no subway for you. I'm sure they won't be stopping people who are legally carrying a firearm and ask to see their papers, right? And I'm sure these machines have been tested for health hazards for years before being implemented right?
Everyday the noose gets tighter.
I would be cool with this...if I received a tax refund for the service I'm not allowed to use.

Nope, they are just the test dummies. It will be everywhere in short order.

Some company just got a sweetheart deal from some politician.......bank on it.
Have to wait until enough politicians invest in the company before it goes nationwide and share prices increase.

Somehow we are supposed to believe that backscatter technology is safe because it only penetrates clothing, not skin.

No safe threshold dose.

Flying back from a cruise, I made them frisk me at Orlando departures.

i see it in nyc sometime in the future.

Community Leaders that melt down over Stop And Frisk
aren't going to let the Screwdriver-American population
be coerced into hopping on the probulator every time they get on the subway.

tenor.gif

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were also approved for unrestricted carry licenses by NYPD, despite their well-publicized struggles with heroin and cocaine addiction. Guess money really does talk!

Imus has a freaking permit.

In (Junior?) High School, I biked for at least 80 minutes to get to a remote.
JDI arrived at 9:45AM for his 6-10AM show.
He was cursing the limo driver.
I blame Peruvian Marching Powder.

No safe threshold dose.

Flying back from a cruise, I made them frisk me at Orlando departures.

Community Leaders that melt down over Stop And Frisk
aren't going to let the Screwdriver-American population
be coerced into hopping on the probulator every time they get on the subway.

tenor.gif

Imus has a freaking permit.

In (Junior?) High School, I biked for at least 80 minutes to get to a remote.
JDI arrived at 9:45AM for his 6-10AM show.
He was cursing the limo driver.
I blame Peruvian Marching Powder.

If for some reason I don't go through TSA Pre, I get frisked half the time anyway. Might be a time saver on average to forego the radiation dose and just get frisked.

So alpha particles are stopped by your clothes, a single layer of paper, your outer layer of skin, etc. Pretty harmless unless you ingest something that emits them. So wtf is coming off of the backsplatter units that it penetrates clothing? Sorry, I'm not a nuclear physicist but as part of my job I do know some of the science behind it. Enough to doubt their claims regarding backsplatter.

If for some reason I don't go through TSA Pre, I get frisked half the time anyway. Might be a time saver on average to forego the radiation dose and just get frisked.

So alpha particles are stopped by your clothes, a single layer of paper, your outer layer of skin, etc. Pretty harmless unless you ingest something that emits them. So wtf is coming off of the backsplatter units that it penetrates clothing? Sorry, I'm not a nuclear physicist but as part of my job I do know some of the science behind it. Enough to doubt their claims regarding backsplatter.

I googled the company and they make a detector that reads the tiny amount of radiation your body is emitting, supposedly. It's a passive detector. Not sure what type they are using in LA though, it doesn't say.

Back
Top Bottom