• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knife vs gun 21 foot rule.

Comes a point if you want to save your life with a gun then you quit the games and study how it all works. Games are fine to build skill and dexterity with a firearm but they have little to do with reality in a gunfight. It's why the cops train with simunitions, real guns and people put into buildings and vehicles that shoot back. Games don't shoot back and it's why the most cops don't train useing game set ups.

Comes a point if you want to save your life with a gun then you quit the games and study how it all works. Games are fine to build skill and dexterity with a firearm but they have little to do with reality in a gunfight. It's why the cops train with simunitions, real guns and people put into buildings and vehicles that shoot back. Games don't shoot back and it's why the most cops don't train useing game set ups.

Paintball...

We used to mount a target on a little red wagon and pull it toward the shooter for training. Rope on the handle and the target was a reactive target that had to fall to pass the test. Took a IPSC target and glued a empty toilet paper roll vertical about shoulder high. Run a string from the support beam down through the tube to a balloon blown up to about the size of vitals. Put a shirt over all of it and as it came at you the point was to bust the balloon, shirt made it so you couldn't see where you are hitting.

Plays games

Says playing games is bad

Plays games

Training isn't games, the targets and tools along with methods make you think. Games get you aguainted with the gear for the game. Games are about time, run hard and fast toward the targets while blasting away. Don't mind me though, just keep on keeping on[laugh]

Paint ball hurts so it's a good lesson learned but the balls don't penatrate to teach you the difference between cover and concealment. Cops train to think, any man who carries a gun should think.

real guns and real ammo then? That will learn me...lmao..

real guns and real ammo then? That will learn me...lmao..

Cops train with simunitions under gunfight conditions. That doesn't make them think about cover and concealment but they train for that too. Simunitions are made for all kinds of guns, in revolvers they put head space rings in the cylinder to get the ammo to work. Useing real guns with simunitions gets the minds eye trained for a real gun fight plus it allows them to learn the different capabilities of different weapons.

They do the 21 foot thing with simunitions and real people running at them, training is far more advanced than a little red wagon[laugh]

Plays games

He also trolls.

Then says he isn't trolling.

Cops train with simunitions under gunfight conditions. That doesn't make them think about cover and concealment but they train for that too. Simunitions are made for all kinds of guns, in revolvers they put head space rings in the cylinder to get the ammo to work. Useing real guns with simunitions gets the minds eye trained for a real gun fight plus it allows them to learn the different capabilities of different weapons.

They do the 21 foot thing with simunitions and real people running at them, training is far more advanced than a little red wagon[laugh]

I don't know any local forces that do this kind of thing. I'm not saying they don't but that would be more training than the officers I know personally get.

Knife = run.

Dan Inosanto (one of Bruce Lees training partners) said "No unarmed martial artist in the world can beat a trained knife fighter."

Tueller drill is now 30' I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Simmunitions training available at Sig...

Here's a real knife fight perpetrated by a psychopath (graphic) against multiple armed good guys (albeit with poor training). It ain't like the movies and what you learn in the
dojo, kwoon, etc. about dealing empty handed against a committed armed knife person will most likely get you killed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RTkGbiJpk

Last edited:
A problem is a lot of people think of a knife attack as what they have seen in a dojo. Person A stands there with a dummy knife, and on que "attacks" person B at less than full speed, and less than full power, with a dull knife substitute while person "B" applies the techniques the black belt just demonstrated. After a few practice runs, person "B" feels somewhat equipped to defend against a knife attack without having a clue as to the speed or ferocity of an actual attack by a trained and motivated adversary.

Try some of those dojo techniques on someone attacking like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHSXZnxLZ0I, and you'll understand why even a black belt would use his gun.

LeagueOfMetal4 months ago
Go ahead aikido guys, catch his hand.

Lol

Here's a real knife fight perpetrated by a psychopath (graphic) against multiple armed good guys (albeit with poor training). It ain't like the movies and what you learn in the
dojo, kwoon, etc. about dealing empty handed against a committed armed knife person will most likely get you killed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RTkGbiJpk

These guys should've been drawn and and aimed ready to take him out as before he took a step towards them. The way the lady described him and how he was ready to kill her was definitely cause for alarm.

These guys should've been drawn and and aimed ready to take him out as before he took a step towards them. The way the lady described him and how he was ready to kill her was definitely cause for alarm.
Cause for alarm is putting it mildly. If someone has a knife in their hand and takes more than two angry steps towards my family and/or me, I literally guarantee they wouldn't take step number three.

Back
Top Bottom