Kittery site updated

Just noticed that Kittery Trading Post has updated thier website with a new look and a bit eaier and organized search of thier used gun inventory. Also allows for notification when they do get in a particular make/chambering.

BlkHawk73 said:
Just noticed that Kittery Trading Post has updated thier website with a new look and a bit eaier and organized search of thier used gun inventory. Also allows for notification when they do get in a particular make/chambering.
Updated comments in blue added 5/21
My first impression is very unfavorable. They are listing every possible gun/ammo combination, whether or not there is something on the shelf that matches. The process to find a specific combo has become MUCH more tedious; MANY more hits with "null set" response; and an e-mail response system that doesn't work ("SMTP Error: The following recipients failed...").

My comments above were made before KTP worked most of the bugs out of their new offering. The e-mail notification now accepts my requests for notification. And the mfr's name list is now marked in red for those line items that are empty. This restores an important capability to prevent repetitive null-set answers. I am now much more in favor of the new set up.

Also, if the manufacturer you are looking for makes more than one model in a particular caliber, you can can be blocked from requesting e-mail notification on the model you want (if the notification system worked[rolleyes]). For example, I'd like to find an AMT Longslide or hardballer in 45ACP. As long as KTP has an AMT DAO in 45ACP available, I can't get to the notification page, because it keeps returning the DAO results.

The 10 day delay before KTP lists a used gun on the site probably isn't a change from earlier practice; they're just being more up-front about it, now.

Oh, well. Just gonna have to go into work later (after 9AM) on Mondays, now.[smile]

Monday visits are still a good idea!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom