Buds Gun SHop MA shotgun Policy/ questions on other online sites

This is one of my first posts so sorry if I am violating any forum etiquette

Havent been able to find a clear answer to this on the forum so i decided to find out myself. They consider any short barreled, tactical looking, or pistol gripped shotgun to be a defense shotgun and will not ship to Massachusetts. It doesnt matter if its semi automatic pump etc. IMO thats a ridiculous policy considering the restrictions on pump action shotguns in Massachusetts are minimal at the most and they only list restrictions on Semi auto guns.

Anyone have any experience with other online brokers? Impact, gun broker, etc?

Im looking to purchase a Mossberg 500 field defense combo. also preferred if local MA or NH dealers carry the combo.

Also because of this policy I will never shop at Buds, There is nothing that should prevent them from shipping a legal shotgun to MA.

IMO the mossberg 500 can be found cheap enough at many local gun shops that getting from an online broker will probably negate any possible savings between the shipping then the transfer on top of the purchase price. I could be wrong but I would look around to other shops before ordering online, I have used gunbroker in the past and nothing bad to say about it just make sure when ordering or purchasing and having an item shipped that the seller has an FFL or that your FFL will receive from a non FFL if they are not.

right I am definitely going to check with local dealers first even out of state (now i need to search around here on how to fill out the electronic out of state registration. , I just REALLY love the the combo that you can find online of the 18 inch + 28 inch barrel. I might just buy a 28 inch and then purchase an 18 inch barrel later.

Thanks for the Info, iv been lurking on this sight forever for information.

"Puds gun shop" has their own retarded policies that have nothing to do with the law. You will run into this all over the place.

-Mike

Good chance I am wrong on this but I don't think you can do an online registration for out of state purchase as that would be similar to an out of state FTF transaction which is illegal from what I've been told once you get something shipped in to a FFL the dealer will be doing the Fed check and State FA-10 for you which is part of the average $30 transfer fee. If I'm wrong let me know different just don't tell my GF I was wrong, I've been right for so long I'd hate to ruin the streak.[smile]

I think that only applies to Handguns and Not long guns. At least thats what Goal Says. From their website

"federal law allows persons to buy rifles and shotguns from a federally licensed dealer in another state, provided all requirements of the buyer’s and seller’s home state are met. Thus, a Massachusetts resident with a Card or License could lawfully purchase rifles and shotguns from gun stores in other states.
However, state law requires that you register that purchase within 7 days of your return to Massachusetts. You would use an FA-10 form, and check off the box on “registration.”
Copies of the FA-10’s are available at many police stations, and through the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780."

Good chance I am wrong on this but I don't think you can do an online registration for out of state purchase as that would be similar to an out of state FTF transaction which is illegal from what I've been told once you get something shipped in to a FFL the dealer will be doing the Fed check and State FA-10 for you which is part of the average $30 transfer fee. If I'm wrong let me know different just don't tell my GF I was wrong, I've been right for so long I'd hate to ruin the streak.[smile]

You guys are getting your wires crossed. No remote FFL with a brain would ship a long gun to a non FFL directly. The OP isn't talking about that, he's talking about Pud's retarded policy of not shipping like 90% of their gun inventory to MA FFL's because they (Pud's) are pant shitters when it comes to the law.

-Mike

That may be for a DULY licensed person while traveling and since that wouldn't be a home state purchase anything intended on purchasing would have to be MA compliant I believe. I'm sure someone will reply soon with better info but I'd almost guarantee no shop will ship a firearm to your personal residence
in MA.

OH just to clear up any confusion, by purchasing out of MA to do an EFA-10 Im talking about an in person purchase of a Shotgun in say NH, then bringing into MA then filling out the form

- - - Updated - - -

Right Lol sorry MY FAUlt, im crossing two different things. I want to purchase online, BUT, if i cant im going to run up to NH to get a deal on a shotgun then i have to fill out an EFA-10.

OH just to clear up any confusion, by purchasing out of MA to do an EFA-10 Im talking about an in person purchase of a Shotgun in say NH, then bringing into MA then filling out the form

- - - Updated - - -

Right Lol sorry MY FAUlt, im crossing two different things. I want to purchase online, BUT, if i cant im going to run up to NH to get a deal on a shotgun then i have to fill out an EFA-10.

Think I'll step out on this one as I wanted to do the same for a rifle out of CT but the general consensus was not a good idea as FTF transactions are only permitted if the firearms seller has it registered in MA. Good luck on your pursuit for the Shotgun just make sure you do all the homework first which you obviously are already doing.

so yea sorry i crossed you guys up, I think im just going to Avoid Online it seems like way to much of a hassle. I may just purchase a gun "IN person from an FFL" in NH the figure out the OUt of state purchase registration crap, if you guys have any info on that PM me please

Buds has stupid policies and they don't like MA because of our strict and ever so changing laws. Gunbroker is your best bet, but you could always go to Kittery or a NH shop and not do the MA paperwork. That's your choice if you want to it or not. This applies only to long guns of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't fill out the FA 10 form. It's none of their business to know what you legally own. It's bullshit.

Buds has stupid policies and they don't like MA because of our strict and ever so changing laws. Gunbroker is your best bet, but you could always go to Kittery or a NH shop and not do the MA paperwork. That's your choice if you want to it or not. This applies only to long guns of course.
Ok so if i go to Kittery or NH and buy a a mossy, what should i do once i bring the shotgun back in to MA? the efa-10?

- - - Updated - - -

isnt it illegal to not Fill out the FA-10 within 7 days?

IMO the mossberg 500 can be found cheap enough at many local gun shops that getting from an online broker will probably negate any possible savings between the shipping then the transfer on top of the purchase price. .
This. I wanted a particular 20 ga model and 4 Seasons got it for me in a few days.

Some models / combos may be in short supply. Now that Romney's campaigning is making it likely there will be four more years of President Obama, lots of people will be stocking up.....

Ok so if i go to Kittery or NH and buy a a mossy, what should i do once i bring the shotgun back in to MA? the efa-10?

- - - Updated - - -

isnt it illegal to not Fill out the FA-10 within 7 days?

I believe it is your digression to fill it out. I personally would not. Buy the shotgun you want and enjoy.

Buds can go eff themselves. They won't ship perfectly legal stuff to MA FFLs until they get a bunch of trade in pre-98 glocks that they can charge a huge markup on, then it's magically fine.

I believe it is your digression to fill it out. I personally would not. Buy the shotgun you want and enjoy.

Not at all!

You are advising people to BREAK THE LAW and there are fines and jail sentences involved.

What a person does is their business and I could care less . . . however advising people to break the law is unwise and is or was a violation of the rules on this forum (haven't looked in a long time)!

Wow, there is alot of erroneous/illegal advice in this thread.

getoffmylawn, welcome to NES!

A long gun can be obtained from a FFL in any State, subject to both State's laws.

It must be compliant with the AWB (including magazines), and with the type of license you possess.

A FA-10 must be submitted within seven days of its entry into MA. Check "Registration", and complete the form, leaving the "Seller" section blank.

Nice, anyone know where to get Fa-10's to avoid EFA10?

For registrations such as this, I suggest using the e-FA-10 system. Save whatever precious paper forms you can find for FTF transactions where it's best to get signatures on the form. Most PDs seem to refuse to stock the paper forms and CJIS will no longer mail them out (except to PDs), so they keep getting rarer and rarer.

alright good, im not one who fears electronics so ill be fine, Print it out back it up on my hard drives which are stored in fire proof boxes.

Maybe I am misreading the thread but I bought an 870 from Buds about a year ago at a fantastic price. They shipped directly to my FFL, and it was still cheaper even with the transfer fee. No issues here.

really you cant purchase Long guns out of state even if its an inperson purchase from an FFL? damn.

Yes, you can, IN PERSON, but not by mail, and only if the remote state allows it and isn't communist. (EG, don't bother trying this in someplace like CT, RI, etc, because you will just run into too much communism to make it worth the effort).

-Mike

Buds is just one of hundreds of out of state businesses that will not ship anything into MA because the AG has (illegally) bullied them into that position.

Are there businesses that will ship to MA, yes, but you better get used to the same thing happening over and over again.

It is pretty much a NES policy that if you find a business that will ship to MA we do not mention it because we assume that there are people from the AG's office that read this forum, and there have been others who have dimed out in state shops to the AG based on information they saw here.

If you really want something bad enough, make friends with someone in a free state who will get it shipped to them and then to you

Back
Top Bottom