Kimber K6s - anyone shoot one, is it legal here?

Nice looking gun, but holy cow, $1k? I'm not really familiar with revolvers. Is this normal or Kimber pricing?

$1k for a kimber might be high, but $1k for a high quality revolver isn't. The thing about this gun for me is, if you're going to carry something that weighs 1.5lbs and is 1" wide, why not carry a glock 19 with hot loads? Surely 15+1 hot 9mm beats 6 rounds of 357 whose velocity is limited to that bbl length.

$1k for a kimber might be high, but $1k for a high quality revolver isn't. The thing about this gun for me is, if you're going to carry something that weighs 1.5lbs and is 1" wide, why not carry a glock 19 with hot loads? Surely 15+1 hot 9mm beats 6 rounds of 357 whose velocity is limited to that bbl length.

This is just me speaking, but I think I'd buy a revolver more for the fun of shooting rather than practicality over a higher capacity gun. But I think because of that, I'm priced out of this range of gun.

You're totally right about the 2" barrel length negating .357 performance. At 2", .357 is shooting slower FPS and has less muzzle energy than even a standard 9mm out of a 3" subcompact barrel.

There's something that speaks to me about these guns, it's very black belt about that mindset, to be willing to injure yourself to end a fight. Fits nicely with being willing to break my hand punching someone in the brain.

I can respect that, if you can handle the thing, and it ensures you have a gun on you, then it's still a win. I just wouldn't go hard on the duty cycle on those things, or pick up a 2nd gun for practice or something, and beat that thing up. FWIW an SW642 won't be that far off for basic trigger control/muscle memory etc. They're fundamentally, at least, going to point and hit the same way.

This is just me speaking, but I think I'd buy a revolver more for the fun of shooting rather than practicality over a higher capacity gun. But I think because of that, I'm priced out of this range of gun.

If price is an issue just stick to Ruger. If you're feeling froggy you can get C&S or one of the few ruger shops to gussy up the action and end up with a fine revolver you will never sell.

Frankly though in a dynamic sense there is very little in the market between S&W / Ruger, and say Korth. The problem with Korth is you're looking at like 4-5 grand. You will get the best for
that, but that's a lot of coin to plonk down for a 6 shot wheelgun.

I can respect that, if you can handle the thing, and it ensures you have a gun on you, then it's still a win. I just wouldn't go hard on the duty cycle on those things, or pick up a 2nd gun for practice or something, and beat that thing up. FWIW an SW642 won't be that far off for basic trigger control/muscle memory etc. They're fundamentally, at least, going to point and hit the same way.

Yup, and .38+p is more than enough to get the job done at the range I would expect to use the thing. I went through many subcompacts, carried a gen 2 G27 for a long time, hated the BG 380, shoot the PPK/s beautifully but it chews up my hand, the Sig 365 is nice but I don't like the trigger. Nothing sub-1lb shoots for me like the j-frame. That's the thing about subcompacts, how personal the choice is. Almost everyone can agree the G17 or 1911 shoot very well, but I have certain clients if they see a bulge on my hip I would be fired on the spot. Deep concealment isn't exactly easy when you're built like a piece of rebar, but not everyone is going to have these same concealment problems. Gotta carry what you can conceal and shoot with confidence. Not everyone can do this:

1593575223998.gif

I want one.
But what I really want is for Smith and Wesson to put goddamn dovetailed rear sights on their revolvers especially the j-frames.
If they did up the model 60 like the 640 pro would be pumped. I would be really pumped if they did a 360/340 with no locks and actual sights.
Gutter sights really aren't worth a damn and I dont want to hear that "YoU wOnT bE uSiNg YoUr SiGhTs iN a rEaL gUn fIgHt" noise.

Back
Top Bottom