Kifaru Sawtooth Tipi

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
I ordered a sawtooth tipi last week, its sitting in my garage currently while im traveling for work, cant wait to mess with it.

I know alot of you guys are into the hammock camping, and i dabble myself. Im excited to mess with the sawtooth because with the included collapsible box stove i will be able to heat the entire shelter on cold wet nights.

Im planning on using it for camping (no shit) and hunting out west.

The unique thing about the shelter is the lack of a conventional tent floor, which doesn't bother me at all with the addition of the wood burning stove.

Stove, tipi, chimney, everything is supposed to weigh less than 10lbs.

Ill post some pics when i get home and spend some time in it. Stay tuned.

Being able to have a stove is a plus, for sure. Personally, I'd be concerned about a storm. A good quality backpacking tent (MSR, etc.) plus a thorough job of seam sealing is damn near like a submarine in brutal rain storms.

Do you have to trench in the base at all to keep the wind out?

Wind? What about spiders? LOL...

I’ve spent many nights in kifaru’s six man with a medium stove. Floor stays dry no problem. Put snow, pine needles, or whatever else you can find around the base to seal it up. The biggest issue I’ve experienced is the condensation inside running the stove. I’ve been in one in temps as low as 5f and it’s comfortable.

photo dump inbound

aXlnP0r.jpg

wi05GZG.jpg

gnumKAD.jpg

bW32IUz.jpg

qRGyW1t.jpg

ndE61Eo.jpg

oZyKD8b.jpg

6qajzux.jpg

uvsaSNG.jpg

qdCGyGj.jpg

htTnXVO.jpg

7fgc7gy.jpg

9aOPPnW.jpg

iGbxyd8.jpg

MfF27WR.jpg

NEqM5bS.jpg

m20Xl9J.jpg

1z3o59j.jpg

So 3 days into myself and the dog's long weekend out here in this thing, im in love with it. I came out on wednesday, its friday now and its been down to about 28-29 degrees on 2 nights, then poured rain all goddamn day today. Ive been hunting during the days and relaxing at night, processing wood during shit weather. This shelter is great, you have plenty of room to do what you have to and the stove keeps you warm (hot as f***) as long as you are willing to feed it. I dont miss having a floor in my tent or being cold at all.

That shelter has a great footprint for the woods here in the NE.
With traditional tipi shaped shelters, finding a spot open enough can be a challenge at times.
Being able to stand up and put you pants on is a big plus also!

Back
Top Bottom