• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kifaru East Coast Rendezvous 2019 - one man's view...

That's a lot if gear. How far was your hike in to the camp site?

That looks awesome, I can't wait until my kids are a little older so we can start camping like that.

As always, love your threads man.

Looks like a fun trip. And some good looking meals too (though not so sure about MRE pizza).

Nice stove for cooking... plenty of space. How does the stove not smoke up the tent? It didnt look sealed at the chimney connection.

That's a lot if gear. How far was your hike in to the camp site?

That looks awesome, I can't wait until my kids are a little older so we can start camping like that.

As always, love your threads man.

It might be a lot of gear, but like the man said, "Any fool can be uncomfortable in the field".
Towing 50lbs in a pulk is MUCH easier than hiking 50lbs on my back.
The walk was maybe half a mile in?
Thanks for the support!

Looks like a fun trip. And some good looking meals too (though not so sure about MRE pizza).

Nice stove for cooking... plenty of space. How does the stove not smoke up the tent? It didnt look sealed at the chimney connection.

The trip was a blast. This was the first time in ten years of going that me and my buddy Robbie were able to go Wed-Sun.
The top of the stove is ever so slightly un-level so that the front is lower than the back.
This causes the smoke to travel to the rear and then the draft pulls the smoke up the stove pipe.
All the open spaces in the collar connection are still smaller than the diameter of the stove pipe, so the smoke goes up the pipe.
Occasionally, if the conditions are right and the stove door is left open, the smoke can (and will) vent out the opening.

That looks like a fun weekend. I would have never thought a bottomless shelter like that would work in winter but if you have a cot it looks pretty cozy.

Between Andy's and 'snack's kifaru threads, I have surely coming around to it. Looks pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom