Kid took me for $5

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
We had our first money shoot today at 50 yards. Son had 30 rounds; if had more bulls-eyes than me, also with 30 rounds, he would get $20. If I were limited to 20 rounds and he could beat me with 30, he got $10. If I were limited to 10 rounds and he he could beat me with 30, he got $5.

He chose the $5.

He won 7-3.

We each had 5 practice shots; he had the bottom mark, I the top.

Not making any excuses, here's my critique of my performance:

1. I used a static cling glasses peep sight for the second time. I noticed it was nearly impossible for me to focus through the 1st peep, then then rear peep, front sight, and target at the same time. I am currently dealing with three concussions, and I have nerve damage to the left side of my face including a cross-eyed left eye - my shooting eye.

2. I took many casings to the head, causing me to flinch. Curse my left-handedness. After the third hit I desperately fashioned a crown of cardboard with the staple gun (son has it on his head in the picture) to deflect the brass. I found a dozen hits on the cardboard afterwards (I shot another 20 on the practice target).

3. Kid shot benched, I shot with the lead elbow on the table.

4. I was using an Inland 30 round magazine for the first time. Four mis-feeds. I found the length awkward and it was hitting the bench. Noticing my sighting target, the bulk are low. I think this was the problem. I'm going back to 15 round magazines as the 30 just seemed to get in the way.

He declined a rematch tomorrow as his shoulder hurts.[rolleyes]

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom