Kid is getting better (and bigger)

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
50 yards today, windy, mostly sunny, 59 degrees. Kid shot is usual Winchester M1 carbine (30 rounds Aguila), and I used my bcd41 Norge K98 with 45 rounds of 70s HXP. We also had an apple skewered on a trio of dowels. Son took about 12 rounds and shot the apple in half and then put the rest on the target. I put a mostly a fist size group a fist below the bullseye; I should have covered the bullseye with the front post. His first target on the wall. I'm hoping he'll want to graduate to the Garand at some point, but he still uses an rubber butt cover and a twice folded gun sock with the little carbine.

T

Attachments

• DSCN4960.jpg
    DSCN4960.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 71
50 yards today, windy, mostly sunny, 59 degrees. Kid shot is usual Winchester M1 carbine (30 rounds Aguila), and I used my bcd41 Norge K98 with 45 rounds of 70s HXP. We also had an apple skewered on a trio of dowels. Son took about 12 rounds and shot the apple in half and then put the rest on the target. I put a mostly a fist size group a fist below the bullseye; I should have covered the bullseye with the front post. His first target on the wall. I'm hoping he'll want to graduate to the Garand at some point, but he still uses an rubber butt cover and a twice folded gun sock with the little carbine.

T

NICE, I was able to spend a few hours just me and my son (5) in the yard plinking with the pellet gun.
I'm not sure if they still do it but Hanson rod and gun had a Jr CMP program on Saturday mornings (2 sat of the month)
If he has interest in shooting they will break him of the added recoil pads.

Back
Top Bottom