Just Wondering . . .

Would this “Digital Golf Range Finder” be adequate enough to be used for judging shooting distances while hunting? The price is right if it is. Found on sale at Geeks.com. http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=EZ-GOLFSCOPE-CS&cpc=RECOM

EZ-GOLFSCOPE-CS-unit.gif
EZ-GOLFSCOPE-CS-box.gif

Reg Price: $14.50
Save: $4.51 (31%)
Now: $9.99

The Ezonics Digital Golf Range Finder is a compact, magnification range finder that will improve your game by precisely measuring distances on the course. Using optics and digital technology, this scope measures distance from 50 to 920 yards with +/- 2 yards deviation if used correctly. Just push two buttons and eliminate any guesswork about club selection, and be on your way to lowering your scores.

Last edited:
I suppose if it accurately measures distance in mixed terrain it would work fine. How you get the distance isn't as important as getting it. I know people that pace of landmarks from their stand.

I have a Nikon range finder that I love.

I know people that pace of landmarks from their stand.

I did that with my stand in MN because I had an open field I could shot over. I had 100, 200, and 300 yardage markers and knew the hold over with my scope. On the wooded side of my stand I didn't need them because I wouldn't have a shot beyond 75-100 yards.

I suppose if it accurately measures distance in mixed terrain it would work fine. How you get the distance isn't as important as getting it. I know people that pace of landmarks from their stand.

I have a Nikon range finder that I love.

You know you're in the home of a person who takes security seriously when there are range cards posted by every window. [wink]

Ken

I bought one

FYI
Keep in mind that it isn't a true rangefinder. It is simply a low power lens with a bar in it marking off the distance the flag is from you. I believe that the flag is about 6 feet high. The batteries simply illuminate the bar.

I didn't keep it. I bougth it as a gift for a golfer.

In order for the yardage markers in the view finder to work you need a consistant 6' sized object at the distance you are looking at to get the proper range.

The ones that I've seen in the golf stores all sight on the flag. It is like a mil-dot because it decides your range from the cup based on the height of the flag pole in the cup.

correct

derek and P-14 are correct. It is somewhat useful if you are looking at an object six feet high. But once you get past 200-300 yards the marks are, IMHO too close together to be of much use. Then factor in variables like the deer is only 3 feet high.....I think an educated guess would be about as accurate.

Sally Can Tell Oscar has a Hard On Allways

Use Trig before you pull the Trig

White-tailed deer height at the shoulders is 90-105 cm

Sign, COsine, Tangent, Opposite, Hypotenuse, Ajacent

Get yourself a nice protractor or you can use your wristwatch. ( Not a silly digital of course)

Since you know the hieght of the deer which is your opposite and yo know the angle of the dangle.

Just take the cosine of the angle and poof you have the range.

This is rangefinding the old fastion way

Taught be emperical dervivation from the adage we lernt in US Naval skool

Sally Can Tell Oscar has a Hard On Allways

christensen_-_st_brendan_the_navigator.jpg

aight, most of you have to stop thinking your a viet nam snipers here, i know what your all "trying to explain" but really this is deer hunting not bench rest shooting.

to anser the question, here in new england, its rear to shoot deer past 100yards and most shots are inside 50 yards, unless your on a farm? powerline strip or large cutt and even then with all the brush an junk most of the time its still 50-100 yard shots if you do your homework and post in the right spot.

rangefinders are great for bow hunters, most us shotgun and rifle hunters have No need for a range finder.

rangeing deer for a gun is almost as simple as pictureing a football field, if the deer is far, you should be able to see how many football fields it takes to get the deer.

If you need a range finder, then the ONLY WAY to go is a "laser" range finder. this is deer hunting, your going to need all the time you have just in geting ready for a clear shot. those things are push button easy and takes verry little time to range something out. they even make one now that mounts right onto the bow so you can range it as your getting ready to shoot.

If your bow hunting and cant afford the rangefinder, then you just walk out your stands perimiter and flag your ranges.

Last edited:
I always like to put my stand on the edge of an open field or downed corn field. I took two doe at 150 and 240 yards in consecutive years.

Deer KiLLer said:
If your bow hunting and cant afford the rangefinder, then you just walk out your stands perimiter and flag your ranges.

Very effective. My friend back home had range marker all over his stand area.

Back
Top Bottom