'Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in'....

pj150

NES Member
After my last go around with S&W customer service, I told myself I will not purchase any S&W branded guns anymore.

Well, that changed when I saw and had to bring home what you see below. It's a S&W model 629 with a 3 inch barrel that I absolutely needed to own.

I've had my share of 3" snub N frames before, from the run of the mill 44Mag Backpacker to the more exclusive RSR version. Also had the very rare Model 610 in 10mm and 625 45cal model of 1989.

This new to me 3" N frame isn't particularly rare as far as numbers produced but it does have some special features. It has a pimptastic polished finish, unfluted cylinder, full underlug, and a full length extractor rod. It's also a -4 so it retains all the old fashioned awesomeness, being the hammer mounted firing pin, no-lock, no MIM and all forged internals.

I believe this one is a Lew Horton stock called the combat carry or something like that. Bit no matter what it is, I really like it as I believe it is the best aesthetically and well balanced revolver out there.

I put some K/L Aherns temporarily until I can obtain proper girps for it as they don't really fit. I hated the Hogue monogrip that came on it when I got it. I'll need to polish it up to really make it shine but you can see the potential this one has.

photo3_zps5baf1d9c.jpg

photo2_zps69e869a8.jpg

photo1_zps50aee3e7.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom