Just ordered my first mil-surp with my C&R...

...and I can't wait! I went for the CZ-52 pistol. Just something about getting a pistol delivered to my front door in the Volksrepublik of MA that makes me giggle like a tickled hermit...

My first mil-surp purchase, though, was the Turkish mauser I bought from Chipperman. Pictures can be found in his classified listing (http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9033)

But the CZ-52 will be the first gun I've ordered with my C&R. I can't wait!

(I hope my wife buys the "it's just ammo" line...[devil])

Congratulations !

When I know the brown truck is coming I'm worse than a kid a Christmas. Every time I think I hear a truck stop I have to take a peek out the window.

dreppucci007 said:
I have to assume we'll see some pictures, Mr. G????? [wink]

But of course! I'm waiting for my MidwayUSA shipment with cleaning brushes for 8mm, and I'll shine the old girl up and take some pics.

MrTwigg said:
Congratulations !

When I know the brown truck is coming I'm worse than a kid a Christmas. Every time I think I hear a truck stop I have to take a peek out the window.

It'll be a white truck, since it's a handgun, but yes. Fortunately Mrs. G is home during the day to provide an adult signature... [smile]

Congrats on your first C&R handgun purchase. Look at the Star model B in 9mm too. Its a copy of a 40's colt 1911.

My very first C&R purchase was a '38 Turk 8mm back when they were only $39.95 in very good condition and thats about 5 years ago. I wanted to buy more but I didn't and now look at the prices and condition of them. The old days was just 5 years ago. Now just wait another 5 or 10 years from now.

BigBill,

Do you have a link to the Star you could PM me? I'd appreciate it...

I just got an e-mail from (company redacted, please contact me for name and link), the gun should be shipping out in the next day or two.

At this rate, I am gonna need another safe.

Or two.

Or three...

I got myC & R three months ago

Jay G said:
BigBill,

Do you have a link to the Star you could PM me? I'd appreciate it...

I just got an e-mail from (company redacted, please contact me for name and link), the gun should be shipping out in the next day or two.

At this rate, I am gonna need another safe.

Or two.

Or three...

I've already filled up three pages in binder and have had to buy a new safe.
I've never done heroin, but this is the same kind of addiction

Congrats on the C&R purchase.
What I've found is that a C&R & plastic is a bad combo!
It gets harder to explain an increase in deliveries plus a new safe! :)
(K98 on the way....)

Have a C&R . Well , for the near future , foget about catching up with those credit cards or saving a dime. Have fun.... [rofl]

Weer'd Beard said:
I just got off my ass to get my C&R, I'm thinking a CZ 52 is gonna be my first choice too, I like 'em!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I got it last week, going to break it in on Sunday (been on vacation). Will post pics and range report sometime next week.

I'd be happy to meet up w/ you sometime if you'd like to try it out. Give a holler...

Weer'd Beard said:
It's just a neat round. i really like it's ballistics, and it's commie-gun charm!
[rolleyes] C'mon, Andy... don't make me drag it out of you!

What about it's ballistics do you like? I don't know anything about this round, so why don't you try to convert me to a 7.62x25 fanatic?

Doesn't it also throw a massive fireball and thunderous boom that gets everyone's attention in the area?

If so, perfect round for an attention whore! [laugh2]

Jay G said:
The 7.62X25mm round has, from what I've read, similar ballistics to a .357 Magnum.
wow.gif

I may have to consider putting a CZ52 on the list, then.

Right after the Kahr & the MN 91/30, that is.

Shotgun News recently had an article on Makarov pistols and they mentioned ballistic preferences of the 9x18 round over the 7.62x25 round saying the 7.62was capable of over penetration. Its also rumored that because the 7.62x25 round is so fast and small that it will go through most bullet proof vests.[shocked]
Its still one hell of a fun little (and powerful) gun to shoot and new production ammo is popping up everywhere now with Wolf Gold being the best I've tried. The surplus ammo is ok, but is corrosive and has a tendency to give ya the ::click:: ::boom:: factor that some of the surplus 303 British stuff does. Only good thing about the surplus ammo is its dirt cheap. I've also heard about the PPSH 7.62x25 ammo being too powerful for the CZ52, which is another reason to stick with new production comercial ammo.
Tons of accessories are popping up now too for the CZ52 including many diferent firing pins since the originals are prone to breaking especially when dry firing. Other goodies out there are grips, slide releases, rollers, conversion barrels, ported barrels, tools, holsters, etc. But be warned there are some grey areas about doing some conversions and keeping the C&R status.
Anyone wanting a link to a site with a list of goodies and improvement features to the CZ52, send me a PM and I'll reply with it.

Also... don't overlook the Russian Nagant revolver. Its a cheap and fun C&R gun too. Yeah ammo is a bit hard to find but you can stock up when you see it for a decent price and its quite and smooth to shoot.

LenS said:
Doesn't it also throw a massive fireball and thunderous boom that gets everyone's attention in the area?

[ Adds CZ 52 to wanted list. ] - The perfect compliment to my M-44 !
Those Nagant revolvers are dirt cheap too ! [smile]

UPDATE:

Now with 300% more pictures:

CZ-52005.jpg

This is the stark, I've-got-to-get-pics-of-this-NOW shot.

CZ-52011.jpg

Here's the staged, how-much-extra-garf-can-I-toss-in shot.

CZ-52014.jpg

And, lastly, the pseudo-artsy, slightly-out-of-focus-with-the-flash-off shot.

Took her to a sooper seekrit location yesterday and tried her out. Damn that is one loud gun!

If so, perfect round for an attention whore! [laugh2]

And from my few times shooting one it also TEARS up the berm. Big cloud of sand for a gun with such a small bore.

And Len are you calling me an attention whore? If so, yer right [laugh2]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I gotta get one of my own

Back
Top Bottom