JoJo's Gun Works in Southington, CT

I have found out about JoJo's (http://www.jojosgunworks.com) from one of the NES members and figured I would take a ride down to CT and check it out. It is about an hour ride for me but it was certainly worth the drive. [grin]

The place is owned and operated by Jody Joseph & John Napierski. When I came in John greeted me with a smile and a friendy "Hello". We then chatted for a while about my AR and the ridiculous MA gun laws. This is when he pointed me to a shelf full of used 30 round AR mags. He even helped me go through them to find the pre-ban ones. I was able to get 12 mags for $10 each. Woo Hoo!

The store itself is small but packed with goodies. JoJo's bread and butter are AR's and 1911's (which they customise), although they have a good selection of new and used handguns. JoJo's has a good selection of optics and tactical gear. In addition, they also had a good slection of .223 ammo at reasonable prices. A 200 round bag of Priv 55 grain ammo was priced at $74.99. That is a better deal then the Black Hills stuff I buy ($100 for 200 rounds).

Between the ammo, mags and various AR parts I ended up spending over $400 (thanks Uncle Sam) there today.

All-in-all I have found JoJo's to be a great place and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for AR parts/accessories. I can't speak for their custom work but with 31 years of gunsmithing experience I am sure they turn out very good product.

Last edited:
Glad to see you took a ride down there. It is about a 45 min drive for me but well worth the ride and time. I cant even begin to add up (and dont want to) the amount of money I have spent there. A typicall trip is worth at least $200 and Im there at least twice a month.

-DM-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom