Joined the M&P15 club - Nice AR rifle!

I had been planning on getting an LMT, but got tired of waiting for a new shipment. Went to four seasons to check out the M&P15ft and I was shocked at how well made the gun is. Fit and Finish were well beyond my expectations. For the price, you can't go wrong: Troy Modular Rail Forend, Troy Front / Rear Folding Sights, Rail Covers and a Hard Shell Case. The extras alone retail for over $500..

The stock is fixed, but only with a screw and a roll pin. It's easy enough to modify the length of the stock so that it fits comfortably rather than fully extended (Maybe 1/2 hrs worth of work). Just be sure to re-install a roll pin when you’re done.

I added a Hogue grip, a Magpul trigger guard and a Badger Ordnance tactical latch. For optics I decided to toss on an Eotech.

The Gun shoots very well - nice tight groups- two trips to the range and no jambs. Takes a variety of mags. It's also a lot lighter than you would expect. I'll be taking it this weekend to NY for the state tactical shoot. Can't wait!

swar.jpg

ar152.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, looks great, love the set-up! [bow]

The M&P15's are SOLID, LMT BCG's, high quality rifles.

Here are my two M&P's...
IMG_0731.jpg

Nice FT, Staind503! Looks great with that brake!

The FT's are around $1250, $1150 for those that bought them during S&W's rebate.

Staind503, nice combo. I just had my M&P15FT and P229 at the range tonight.

What grip is that on the M&P?

Ratdog, congrats and great choice.

I'm a big fan of my FT so i thought id throw a pic up oh i also had a compensator put on

Where did you get the comp put on? I always wanted one of those evil looking Troy muzzle breaks but wasn't sure I could get it done.

Here's mine, just added the foregrip and surefire, as well as the Eotech.

ARupdate2.jpg

Last edited:
i had it put on at jojo's gunsmithing in southington ct it was 150 including the comp which they make themselves they did an excelent job i have pictures if you want to see where they put the blind pin

If you get a chance - it would be cool to see a close up of the muzzle including the pin. - Thanks

PS: If you find the length of the stock too long - it's an easy fix - well worth the effort.

I noticed that the stock would be easy enough to adjust for someone with a small amount of mechanical ability but I was skeptical about wether or not it was legal to do so. For me, the stock would be perfect if it were only one hole shorter.

Is it legal to change the length of the stock as long as it is re-pinned in the new position?

Back
Top Bottom