John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match - MATCH APPLICATION

It was a pleasure and an honor being asked to participate in today's event. John was a great supporter of Walls of Steel and I'm glad we were able to help out.
I thought there was a great turnout today and it seemed to me that everyone really enjoyed themselves and each other.
Trying the other disciplines was pretty cool too. I really enjoyed both USPSA and IDPA and want to thank everyone who took the time to introduce us newbies to those sports.

Kimber45

I trust your brother is busy uploading videos and pictures? Who won the gun? I'm so pissed I couldn't be there.

Weirdly enough... he didn't win anything. [wink]

And I have the videos... they're all done... but Youtube is being a BEOTCH... taking over 2 hours just to upload 1 video. (I have 7). I'll get them up as soon as I can... it's just up to Youtube.

Weirdly enough... he didn't win anything. [wink]

And I have the videos... they're all done... but Youtube is being a BEOTCH... taking over 2 hours just to upload 1 video. (I have 7). I'll get them up as soon as I can... it's just up to Youtube.

Just not the one of you took of me!

Wow, forgot what it was like doing scores like this last time, never mind for approx 80 shooters.

I've got the results posted on the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford's website under the 'Action Pistol' page: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/results.htm

Note about how to read the results:
For each disipline, there are two columns. The left column is your points or time for that discipline. The right column is how that equates to match points. The number to the right of the label at the top of each section is the best score for that stage that all other scores are compared against.

Reminder that the best score for that stage wins 100 match points. Everyone else gets a percentage of the total match points based on how they compare to the best score for each stage.

As an example, under the OPEN results, for the USPSA stage. The best score is 150 points. Jay won that stage by scoring the 150 points (left column). Because he won, he gets 100 match points (right column). Jon scored 103.68 match points (left column) which is 69.1186 percentage points of Jay's win, so Jon gets 69.1186 match points (right column). This is done at every stage. Shooter with the most match points wins!

Note, there are some folks who left before the end of the match, you will see those scores as 'zeros'.

Congrats to:

OPEN: Jay Hirsberger
LIMTED: Matt Lombard
PRODUCTION: Hanwei Hsieh
REVOLVER: Gene Gelberger
SINGLE STACK: Chuck Zaniboni

Great shooting everyone. Thanks for coming out and remembering a true sportsman and friend.

Last edited:
Awesome job getting the scores done so quickly! Congrats to the winners especially Hanwei who had a convincing win in our division!

Just not the one of you took of me!

Aw... it's video #7. If you really don't want me to put it up... I won't. Otherwise... it's going up! [smile]

Wow, forgot what it was like doing scores like this last time, never mind for approx 80 shooters.

I've got the results posted on the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford's website under the 'Action Pistol' page: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/results.htm

Great shooting everyone. Thanks for coming out and remembering a true sportsman and friend.

Thank you for getting the scores done so quickly! [grin]

Awesome job getting the scores done so quickly! Congrats to the winners especially Hanwei who had a convincing win in our division!

Thanks Dave [cheers]

A big thank you to everyone. A lot of time and effort was put in to this match and it was very much appreciated. It was a great day to shoot and it was awesome seeing so many NES members supporting a great cause. I am sure John is smiling knowing he is the reason so many new shooters showed up yesterday.

What an awesome time! Excellent job JC and everybody who put this together. The fact that JK's family was there made it even better.

Shooting mixed games is so much fun and challenging, even with a "movie gun." You still actually have to shoot them Mike. [wink] I even made up a new IDPA command when my flashlight died while shooting the indoor stage. [shocked]

It was great to see so many people come together from the different shooting sports for a great tribute and a great time.

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the match. I am grateful to all of the people who volunteered their time to put the stages together, staff them, and then tear down at the end of a long day. Special thanks to Dave Bold for doing the scoring, the stats people in our sports are the unsung heroes who put a lot of time and effort into getting the results posted promptly and accurately, the job was even harder with a multi-discipline match like the JK. Thanks also to Jenn Rebello who was our match photographer and who also designed the T-shirt along with her daughter, Eleni.

I was in email contact with JK's sister, Anne, on several occasions leading up to this match. Those of you who were at the shooter's meeting could see how emotional it was for her and on behalf of Anne and the Kelly family I want to pass along their thanks for your support of this worthy cause. The turnout meant a lot to the family and I was glad that they were able to come out and see the match.

We are working on the final tally of the proceeds of the match. The match fee and T-shirt money will be split 50/50 between GOAL and the American Heart Association and all the raffle money will be given to the family to help offset uninsured funeral costs. I'll get those numbers out to you when they become finalized.

I have some T-shirts in my car for some folks who couldn't make it to the match... I'll be around at several matches in the future so you can either pick them up from me there or send me a PM or email to [email protected] and we'll figure out how to get your shirt to you.

Regards,
John

Thanks to John C, all the RSO's and everyone that helped as the entire day was unforgettable. It was great fun for a couple of great causes and one great guy!!

Mike

It was an honor to work this match. Even though John would have hated the fuss, I think when all was said and done, he was smiling down on us!

The only down side was that I couldn't put screen names to faces! Except for Derek - nice ta meet ya! There's a couple of you that I REALLY wanted to meet face to face!(sm)

And Mike - no problem. We're really going to miss you. Just remember - you may regret the lessons you gave my grandson when he whupps your a**s is a couple of years! But seriously - I really appreciate it - he's still talking about it!

John C: You did a masterful job organizing and running this event. I enjoyed it thoroughly! John Kelly would have liked to participate in this style of competition, too, and I'm sure he was watching over us.

Back
Top Bottom