JHP legality

Hi. Couple quick questions.
1-What are the Mass. laws regarding jacketed hollow point ammo.? Can I keep them in my home for self defense?

2-What could I expect from a liberal lawyer if I used them?

3- I have a Glock 22. Could I get some feedback as to the best self defense ammo. I should use?
Thanks for your time and input.

AFAIK there is no prohibition on the use of hollow point ammo in Ma and I doubt that a lawyer would make a case of it and should they my lawyer would refute
by saying to the effect that if they are good enough for LEOs they are good enough for civilians. NJ is the only state that I know of where jhp are illegal for civilians to possess

First, IANAL and IANS (incominggggg), however:
1-What are the Mass. laws regarding jacketed hollow point ammo.? Can I keep them in my home for self defense?
Run these 2 searches and tell us what you find. See below for rest of answer.
http://www.mass.gov/portal/index.jsp?pageID=mg2searchlanding&sid=massgov2&searchMassGov=jhp&collectorName=LEGxLAWSxMGLx&submit=Search
http://www.mass.gov/portal/index.jsp?pageID=mg2searchlanding&sid=massgov2&searchMassGov=hollow+point&collectorName=LEGxLAWSxMGLx&submit=Search
To get sued regardless of the ammo used. See below for rest of answer.
3- I have a Glock 22. Could I get some feedback as to the best self defense ammo. I should use?
Sorry don't have a .40 or a Glock. See below for answer.
Google is your friend

Perfectly legal here. NJ is the only state that I'm aware of that has a law regarding hollow point ammo...legal to keep at home and use at the range, but illegal to use in a carry gun... (like NJ issues CCW permits anyways [thinking]).

They're not human so JHPs (or any ammo), won't stop them... try a stake through the heart... ohhh, wait a minute, I almost forgot that they don't have hearts [smile].

That's one of those "tastes great... less filling" questions/arguments.

The best self defense ammo isn't much use if doesn't feed reliably, and you're not confident that you're able to shoot center mass. However... for stopping power Speer gold dots Federal Hydra Shocks are a good choice.

DPX has great balisitics, but as a buddy of mine says regarding jhp or ball, "they aren't going to like it either way" , and as far as legality goes, your getting sued no matter what...

Yes.
The same thing you can expect from a conservative lawyer - to do the best he/she can for his/her client. If that means suing you, then you'll need a good lawyer yourself.

Speer Gold Dots are good. Lot's of people recommend using whatever your local cops use.

I use Hornady TAP .40sw in my G22 for a carry load. They are made as a self defense load and have cool looking black cases...

Back
Top Bottom