It's time for Baker or Cahill to take a stand on the Second Amendment.

Charlie Baker has finally stepped up and taken our questionnaire, he received a 94% grade.

Thanks to everyone that contacted him about this, great job all.

Also, to answer Coyote 33's question about Cahill, we do not "give" the percentage grades to candidates, they are graded based on their answers to our questionnaire.

If you would like to check out the questionnaire, here it is. http://goal.org/Documents/Candidate%20Questionnaire.pdf

I know, and that's what's bothering me about the whole thing.

Holding our nose and voting for the least of two evils is what has gotten us in this mess. But currently we have a Dem Gov (Patrick) who I can't vote for; an Ind Cand. (Cahill) who is probably not independent and most likely a plant - but is talking the talk; a GOP Cand (Baker) who seems to lack the 'fire in the belly' to actually want the job - but who should be better than Patrick and more than likey is the only who cold unseat Patrick.

With that said, Baker seems to be using the GOP national scheme which is "We aren't the Democrats" while we all know they did some stupid things prior to 06' that got them booted.

Cahill, is too slick, never committing to not taking a job in a future Patrick administration, and had a 'Come to Jesus' moment at a very convienent time and with little evidence that this was a deep philisophical decision.

Patrick, [puke2]

Well after the tax revelations the following are off my list:

Tim Cahill, Tim Murray, Guy Glodis

So I'm left with Baker for Gov - even though I don't really want to, I may have to vote for him.

Mr. Baker - if you are reading this, it doesn't mean you still can't loose my vote with more wishy-washy, sleazy politician speak.

GM-GUY,

If Glodis is off your list, then please vote for the only other candidate for Auditor who is solidly pro-Second Amendment: Kamal Jain

Hopefully you've all seen my candidate piece on page 10 of the new issue of The Outdoor Message.

Remember that none of the Gubernatorial candidates has a primary. The only statewide primaries this year are for Auditor (both major parties) and Treasurer (Democrat only).

Please vote Kamal Jain for Auditor in the Republican primary on September 14th.

Thank you,
Kamal Jain
Lowell, MA
Republican Candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor
http://MassTransparency.com

Kamal,

While I am glad that you are pro 2A, how will the office of Auditor affect our 2A rights? Simply because you are pro 2A does not mean you will get my vote for Auditor if I am correct and your position holds no sway over these rights.

Cahill 98% and Baker 94%

Hmmmm, 98 is higher than 94.

True, but I need a governor to deal with more than my 2A rights. The economy, jobs, social services (yeah, we all bitch about the cost, until we need them - then the complaints are that they're not available to us [laugh]), the state's infra-structure, education... Baker's record for his earlier work w/ EOHHS to me demonstrates his ability to run a state agency in a competent manner to the benefit of all involved.

He will get my vote.

Penny Pincher,

My strong 2A position is really part of an overall package. I'm the only candidate for Auditor whose top priority is government transparency and accountability to the people. Other candidates use the word "transparency", but no one else has defined transparency or put forth any specific proposals for transparency. I'm sick and tired of the word "transparency" being used and abused.

While it is possible to focus on several areas as high priorities, one can only have a single true "top priority" (else, by definition it is not the top priority). My primary opponent says transparency is important, but her top priority is bringing better auditing standards and practices to the Auditor's office. My top priority is educating, enlightening and empowering the citizenry to make possible tens of thousands of citizen-auditors. While the two of us might agree on some things as general priorities, our TOP priorities are worth the distinction.

So what do you want: More experts focusing on best practices and relying on peer review...or do you want to take our government back from the experts and subject it to citizen review?

When it comes to government auditing, I will gladly pit my army of citizen-auditors up against any group of professional auditors any day.

We've suffered for far too many years of government experts telling the people not to worry their pretty little heads about what government does. Too many years of being told that government is too complicated for ordinary people to understand how it works.

That, my friends, is the essence of what is wrong with our political system in Massachusetts and across the nation. We've removed the citizen participation and oversight.

My sole focus is to give the people unfettered access to all the details they need to assess their own government.

My pro Second Amendment view goes hand-in-hand with my focus on empowering the citizenry. The two points of view show you how I define a proper relationship between the people and their government.

Thanks for asking. Keep those questions and comments coming -- but please consider the overall package you're getting in every candidate you're considering supporting.

Kamal Jain

Mr Jain,

Thank you for your reply. While I like to support any pro 2A candidate it is also important that they will run their office in a manner in which I can support. I also want more transparency. Obama promised his administration would be transparent and they are anything but! If you win the office I hope you hold true to your promise of transparency.

PennyPincher,

I, too, am tired of politicians using and abusing the word "transparency". I have been advocating true and total transparency for years now, and of all the candidates for Auditor, I am the ONLY one who has actually defined what I mean by transparency, presented my plan to bring transparency to the people, and explained how the people will know that I'm not hiding anything.

My opponent says she will be the people's eyes and ears, telling them what they need to know. I'm sorry, but that is NOT transparency. I will let you see the information directly with your own eyes.

THAT'S Transparency.

I hope that I may count on your vote on Tuesday. As we head into the home stretch for the primary, I will do my best to answer any questions you and others may have.

Sincerely,
Kamal Jain
Lowell, MA
Republican Candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor
Please vote KAMAL JAIN on September 14th in the REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Back
Top Bottom