It's the perfect day to be at the range...

It's a beautiful January morning! It's already 35 degrees at 10am, and it's supposed to hit 45 by mid afternoon. The sun is shining, and there's hardly a cloud in the sky. I'm wearing my brand new 5.11 cargo pants, and the free 5.11 hat and belt that came with them. The free range bag is slung over my shoulder (great deal from LA Police Gear). I just bought a new-to-me Browning Hi Power, and I have a couple boxes of .45ACP I just reloaded that are begging to be shot through my XD45. By all accounts, I should be at the range.

But I'm at the office. Tax season sucks...

I'm hoping to get out--but the wife and mother went out yarn shopping. :rolleyes: So, I'm trying to get the 5 year old to help make reloading trays.

Just got back from Mansfield F & G. A wonderful morning, bright sun and virtually no wind. I wasn't the only one that was inspired to get out to the range, there was a row of cars parked in front of the 50-yard range, unusual for a winter morning.

Working with my 10/22, I'm finally able to put nine out of ten shots into the 9-ring at 50 yards using a 9x scope and ordinary ammo (Winchester 333 HP .22LR). Maybe after another six months of practice I'll be able to keep them all in the 10-ring. [grin]

Last edited:
Already went today. Will go again tomorrow morning and the next day too. The dept.pays me to not show up. Ain't retirement grand?

I was going to go today cause it beautiful out but I have no one to go with, I have a bunch of friends with firearms so it would seem easy that someone would go. But since I have no reloads to test or anything really I need to practice, also since I dont have any handguns. I ended up not going.

I took my daughter to Nara park in Acton to go sledding. I could hear people at Nashoba gun club enjoying themselves. I was a bit jealous but I'm going to Harvard tomorrow morning and sledding with the kiddo is a lot of fun too.

I really wanted to go today, but I forgot to get my yearly dues in last week. So now I have to get a hold of one of the officers, make the payment, and get my card re-instated. My own fault....I know

just got back, great day to be out. forgot my boots though and was tromping down to 100 yards and back through snow and ice and in my sneakers. [laugh]

like i'd let that stop me from sending lead downrange?!

If I was not out of state I would have gone today. I'm working in Bangor Maine and there was a gun show in Waterville so I did something firearm related. I did pick up an ammo can with a mix of 30-06 in it. There were tracers a couple incendiary rounds, some AP, some FA37 on stripper clips. A few M1 garand clips and a bunch of newer core lokt ammo in it. I also picked up a bayonet for cheap.

It was indeed a great day to be outdoors on the range. [smile] There were at least 20 people who were shooting on the pistol and rifle ranges at Braintree R&P this AM. [mg] [thumbsup]

On my way to Cape Ann Sportman's Club I was happy to see a rally of approximately 50 people for Scott Brown at the first rotary on 128. When I drove to Seabrook NH down 133 after shooting, there were at least 10 people sitting infront of their houses with Scott Brown signs, and countless signs on people's lawns. It was great to see only one lawn sign for the lovely AG. Tuesday's election is going to make history.

Back
Top Bottom