• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this how PC the military is these days?

You actually said she'd have to shoot them to break them up, which I thought was a bit extreme. She did get right on to the radio though, which is the right move . She did try telling them to cut the shit, and they ignored her. I have news for you, you could be one of the Gracie brothers or Chuck Norris, when two guys are going at it, they don't give a **** who you are if you're not involved.
Intervening when it's just one of you usually involves one of the combatants getting an excellent free shot or three in on the other, and the LE getting smacked as well, which of course changes things because you can't hit LE, right? Now the focus is on the guy that hit the LE.
The right answer is to let the two of them beat the snot out of each other until either help arrives or the LE sees some sort of circumstance where she steps in with either LTL or even L force. She did just fine.

- - - Updated - - -
Eh, my point still stands, she couldn't have done of thing if they started to fight.

The E9 (I won't insult the ranks of true Sergeants Major, Chief Petty Officers or Chief Master Sergeants by lumping them all together) was way out of line. Another asshat with nothing better to do than yell about hats and pockets buttoned. He's lucky the (now) civilian didn't hand him his head in self defense.

F**king self important thief.

Did I miss the assault?

He was out of line, but nothing more than restriction as a punishment. That is complete BS if in fact he was forced to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone think this guy would have cut any slack to a lower enlisted who did the same thing?

He's probably (if I know my E9s) go on a rant for 15 minutes about upholding standards and what a disgrace failing to do so is, and how can the young man be trusted to do his job adequately if he can't follow simple instructions.

Now the shoe's on the other foot. Good riddance.

If the "honor of the Corps" requires that ex-members can't exercise their 1A rights, then the Corps is in more serious trouble than I realized.

For all you folks who think it's okay that the SGM "corrected" a civilian off-post, where would you draw the line? What if the SGM is traveling through NYC and sees some vet wearing old combat boots while marching in a gay pride parade? Does the SGM get to pull over, jump out, and steal the guy's boots? Where does it end?

Last I checked, the SGM would have taken an oath to support the Constitution on his last reenlistment. That includes 1A. The worst thing any military person can do is to victimize a US citizen, in any way. SGM deserves what he got.

Why are people acting like a forced retirement is such a bad thing. It's not. I wouldn't even consider it even a reprimand. He is still getting a retirement. He isn't getting a reduction in rank. He isn't forfeiting any pay. He isn't getting charged under any UCMJ article. Someone of a lesser rank or with lesser TIS wouldn't be so lucky. I'd do what he did right now if they gave me a retirement!

Smaj was wearing his, so whats the beef?

Plus he wasn't wearing his cover lol!

Hypocritical Superlifer IMO.
Good point.

Why are people acting like a forced retirement is such a bad thing. It's not. I wouldn't even consider it even a reprimand. He is still getting a retirement. He isn't getting a reduction in rank. He isn't forfeiting any pay. He isn't getting charged under any UCMJ article. Someone of a lesser rank or with lesser TIS wouldn't be so lucky. I'd do what he did right now if they gave me a retirement!
Another good point. Busting him would have cost him serious $$$. And he'll be a Contractor in short order, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom