• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this how PC the military is these days?

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
I had a private get in a fight with three cab drivers (reinforcements were called) and got a couple of weeks of extra duty "Because you were defending the honor of a woman and the 7th Cavalry Regiment." That was 1984.

Now we have this. He should have gotten a commendation for not kicking his ass down the street.

Sergeant major of Parris Island recruit depot resigns following altercation with protester

Marine Sgt. Maj. Paul Archie has tendered his resignation and voluntarily stepped down from his post as senior enlisted adviser at Parris Island recruit depot, Marine Corps Times has learned.

His decision comes not even a week since he was involved in an altercation with a protestor outside the gates of the depot.

[video=youtube_share;xHJWfkpyIYw]http://youtu.be/xHJWfkpyIYw[/video]

1. A SgtMaj ought to know better.
2. I doubt your private's fight got videoed and uploaded to the internet where it went viral and embarrassed the brass.

I thought Marines were all Marines for life. This guy says he is not a marine anymore, was he ever?

Yeah, once a Marine always a Marine. Just don't try to get back on base. [thinking]

o
I thought Marines were all Marines for life. This guy says he is not a marine anymore, was he ever?

Yes..former drill instructor, but he was administratively separated from The Corps for one reason or another to my understanding.

The SgtMaj. Was not in the right, but he didn't deserve to be charged with asault and forced to retire. That other bitch should NEVER have worn his smokey bear out in public...straight up asking for it. That's a sacred position in The Corps.

1. A SgtMaj ought to know better.
2. I doubt your private's fight got videoed and uploaded to the internet where it went viral and embarrassed the brass.
That's probably true.

Too bad the cop didn't have the guts to separate them before the guy got tanked.

What happened to the 1st amendment and people being allowed to peacefully demonstrate their views without being assaulted / having their property stolen by government employees?

What happened to the 1st amendment and people being allowed to peacefully demonstrate their views without being assaulted / having their property stolen by government employees?

It's a tough call here, dude. His campaign cover should have been turned in at the end of his duty as a DI...so essentially it was stolen govt property. Also, any turd that's ever disgraced The Corps knows how wrong it is to wear working uniform items in public...it's just not something Marines do as we're held to higher standards than the other branches of service. I'll be perfectly honest and tell you that there aren't too many Marines that are worth thier salt that would let him slide wearing a campaign cover while protesting publicly...if he were 100% civilian, it would be a different story...but he knew better.

[laugh2][laugh]

1st amendment....rights...lol, that's a good one!

It's a tough call here, dude. His campaign cover should have been turned in at the end of his duty as a DI...so essentially it was stolen govt property. Also, any turd that's ever disgraced The Corps knows how wrong it is to wear working uniform items in public...it's just not something Marines do as we're held to higher standards than the other branches of service. I'll be perfectly honest and tell you that there aren't too many Marines that are worth thier salt that would let him slide wearing a campaign cover while protesting publicly...if he were 100% civilian, it would be a different story...but he knew better.

If the former D.I. purchased his campaign cover, which at least use to be the norm, It would be his property and as such along with being a civillian it is his call to wear or not to wear. Doesn't make it the right thing to do though. When you are discharged, your uniform parts will go with you too. As for the Sgt. Major, you're in the Corps. and you know better than to bring negative attention to your superiors. The Sgt. Major knows that as well. Sounds like it was a heat of the moment thing for the Sgt. Major. Damn shame.

Bullshit, we bought our own covers.

He was protesting off base as a civilian. The SGTMAJ was out of line, way out of line.

He was protesting off base as a civilian. The SGTMAJ was out of line, way out of line.
No question he was out of line.

The question is if he was so out of line that it should terminate his career. In my opinion there was an extenuating circumstance: he was defending the honor of the Marine Corps.

Find any CSM, anywhere, and wave a uniform violation in front him: it's like a red cape to a bull. Except in the Cavalry.

Just asking...are you saying you would not have had any inclination to even correct the civilian, and remind him of how we don't wear working uniform items in public? The SgtMaj was WAY out of line...i agree. I'm just saying that even as a civilian, i would never expect to not get my ass chewed if i wore a cammie blouse out in public or something crazy like that.

The question is if he was so out of line that it should terminate his career. In my opinion there was an extenuating circumstance: he was defending the honor of the Marine Corps.

Find any CSM, anywhere, and wave a uniform violation in front him: it's like a red cape to a bull. Except in the Cavalry.

I'm pretty sure that tour at Parris Island was his last one anyways. This wasn't a drunk SGT at a bar ripping the EGA off of some hipsters pea coat. This was a CSM acting like a total douche on video for the world to see. I dont think he resigns if it isn't on video.

Just asking...are you saying you would not have had any inclination to even correct the civilian, and remind him of how we don't wear working uniform items in public? The SgtMaj was WAY out of line...i agree. I'm just saying that even as a civilian, i would never expect to not get my ass chewed if i wore a cammie blouse out in public or something crazy like that.

Remind him of protocol, yes, scream at him like a day lady, no.

I think he terminated his own career, but I'm sure he was pushed that way by his COC. Either way, a CSM is also supposed to have some common sense, and know the rules, and abide by them, that's pretty much their only function in life. He stepped way over the line, and had zero authority to do so. He didn't like what he saw, so he forcefully got his way. Now he pays. Punishment fit the crime? No. But that's our current military, you have a public **** up like that? Out you go.

Who among us here that are former Marines or one of those other services that don't have inclinations to correct civilians? I'm sure all of us. The difference, is that we don't. Civilian is civilian. When you sign on the dotted line, you give up all your rights, it's that simple. When you're out though, you get them back. I bet the majority of us here had a bit of a rebellious period right after we got out, and then settled into some sort or normalcy. If you're wearing your cammies out in public and you're currently still in the suck, yup you can expect an ass chewing. If you're retired, or did your four and are out? That's it. Every CSM and 1SG can eat an entire bag of dicks.

Who among us here that are former Marines or one of those other services that don't have inclinations to correct civilians? I'm sure all of us. The difference, is that we don't. //
Every time I see some ****ing ******* in a pickup truck flying a tattered American flag, it makes me wish M79's were readily available.

But being the "flag police" would be pretty stupid, so I just seethe silently.....

Every time I see some ****ing ******* in a pickup truck flying a tattered American flag, it makes me wish M79's were readily available.

But being the "flag police" would be pretty stupid, so I just seethe silently.....
Exactly!!! We actually have two M79s in our armory lol! I'm trying to source some HEDP rounds for it, if I can make that happen we can link up and become the flag police!

This is a good example of how in many cases female cops just aren't effective. Like if sh*t really went down between these two she couldn't do anything but shoot them to break it up. Yes I know some male cops couldn't outrun a flat tire, etc but geez.

This is a good example of how in many cases female cops just aren't effective. Like if sh*t really went down between these two she couldn't do anything but shoot them to break it up. Yes I know some male cops couldn't outrun a flat tire, etc but geez.
So, just for arguments sake, if you were the cop, could you have put one or both of those guys into custody or even break them up NHL style? At least she recognized that she was screwed immediately and got right on the radio and called for assistance. What would you have done?

So, just for arguments sake, if you were the cop, could you have put one or both of those guys into custody or even break them up NHL style? At least she recognized that she was screwed immediately and got right on the radio and called for assistance. What would you have done?

My comment was if they started to fight she couldn't break them up. Is your question what I would have done if they started to fight or what I would have done with the exaxt scenario in the video?

If they fought I could have intervened, pulled one off, etc. Going strictly by the video I would have advised them to cut the Sh*t.

Me too! I do that all the time when I'm working but no one listens.
Yeah, well, a lot of the rest of us are married, too......

Maybe that's what the USMC should have done. When BPD officer Leo Cronin got caught with a prostitute in his police car, apparently his lawyert literally argued, "What are you going to do to him than is worse than what his wife is going to do?"

My comment was if they started to fight she couldn't break them up. Is your question what I would have done if they started to fight or what I would have done with the exaxt scenario in the video?

If they fought I could have intervened, pulled one off, etc. Going strictly by the video I would have advised them to cut the Sh*t.
You actually said she'd have to shoot them to break them up, which I thought was a bit extreme. She did get right on to the radio though, which is the right move . She did try telling them to cut the shit, and they ignored her. I have news for you, you could be one of the Gracie brothers or Chuck Norris, when two guys are going at it, they don't give a **** who you are if you're not involved.
Intervening when it's just one of you usually involves one of the combatants getting an excellent free shot or three in on the other, and the LE getting smacked as well, which of course changes things because you can't hit LE, right? Now the focus is on the guy that hit the LE.
The right answer is to let the two of them beat the snot out of each other until either help arrives or the LE sees some sort of circumstance where she steps in with either LTL or even L force. She did just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, well, a lot of the rest of us are married, too......

Maybe that's what the USMC should have done. When BPD officer Leo Cronin got caught with a prostitute in his police car, apparently his lawyert literally argued, "What are you going to do to him than is worse than what his wife is going to do?"
HA!!!! That was indeed legendary!

I give the CSM huge points for walking away with the campaign hat. I suspect he will have plenty of job offers waiting for him.

Smaj was wearing his, so whats the beef?

Plus he wasn't wearing his cover lol!

Hypocritical Superlifer IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom