Is there such a thing as a pre-ban magazine for an M&P15-22?

Ripping the pin out of a low cap long magazine is stupid.

The low cap mags don't have the button necessary to push the follower down while loading it to capacity, which makes it a real pain in the ass to load.

If you want to own an illegal standard capacity mag for your M&P 15/22 then drive 45 minutes to New Hampshire and buy one.

For what its worth, I really like the short 10 round mags.

Re the 10/22 vs M&P 15/22.

I consider the 10/22 to be more of a gun to be tweaked and customized. You can build a super accurate gun that will rival an Anschutz. You can build a race gun. Or anything in between.

The M&P is accurate enough. But its great because it allows you to do all the manipulation you would do on a regular AR while shooitng. 22 bullets.

I made Rifleman with an M&P 15 at an Appleseed once. So I was shooting 4 moa with standard magpul mbus sights that come with it.

Don

The guy i saw with his pins drilled out had no difficulty loading his mags... it didn't look like the mag spring was exceptionally strong.

The guy i saw with his pins drilled out had no difficulty loading his mags... it didn't look like the mag spring was exceptionally strong.
It's not that hard. I usually use a punch or something similar as an assist when I am loading a bunch at once.

The short tens are nice because they come with the little assist button. Just saw that they sell those buttons as an aftermarket part on ebay.

AFTER I move to a free state, I think I'll follow the instructions from this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/111155-M-amp-P-15-22-or-GSG-522
FWIW, all of my FTfeed problems with the GSG 522 were with the "repaired" 10-round magazines. Switched to factory fresh standard capacity mags and the problems went away. Seems that the spring is not the same in the 10-rounders?

Go the really expensive route and get an HK91 with the 22lr conversion kit. [smile]
Sure, but talk about your expensive magazines! The 22lr magazines for the conversion kit are basically unobtainable.

They make aftermarket loading buttons:

http://www.raveneyecustom.com/Pages/MP1522.aspx

I have a couple, they work well. Makes loading [STRIKE=25]25[/STRIKE] 10 rounds a lot easier.

Ripping the pin out of a low cap long magazine is stupid.

The low cap mags don't have the button necessary to push the follower down while loading it to capacity, which makes it a real pain in the ass to load.

If you want to own an illegal standard capacity mag for your M&P 15/22 then drive 45 minutes to New Hampshire and buy one.

For what its worth, I really like the short 10 round mags.

Re the 10/22 vs M&P 15/22.

I consider the 10/22 to be more of a gun to be tweaked and customized. You can build a super accurate gun that will rival an Anschutz. You can build a race gun. Or anything in between.

The M&P is accurate enough. But its great because it allows you to do all the manipulation you would do on a regular AR while shooitng. 22 bullets.

I made Rifleman with an M&P 15 at an Appleseed once. So I was shooting 4 moa with standard magpul mbus sights that come with it.

Don

its not exceptionally strong. But the regular mag has a button that allows you to take the pressure off the follower, just like the button on a Ruger MkII / 22-45 mag, or any number of .22 mags.

If you happen to have some long low caps and move to NH, then it might be worth doing.

But if you want to illegally possess standard cap mags, just go to NH and buy some standard mags.

The button does make it much easier to load a long mag to capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

They make aftermarket loading buttons:

http://www.raveneyecustom.com/Pages/MP1522.aspx

I have a couple, they work well. Makes loading [STRIKE=25]25[/STRIKE] 10 rounds a lot easier.

Yes, but at $4 each, you are better off just buying a standard capacity mag.

IIRC, the slot or hole is there for the button, it's just missing the button (on the full length 10 rounders). Anything the size of a pen tip could be used to push/ guide the follower down...

AA

Back
Top Bottom