Is HSC USPSA still on for today?

Dave,
I think you were moving well. Thinking about it I'm not sure how I would have shot that in production. I am not sure shooting the first few on the move would have helped. It would have left you reloading while standing still at the barrel. The way you did it, you shot through the barrel and then loaded during a transition to the next array. Probably how I would have done it. Maybe take one target on the way to the barrel.

Mike - where are the vids from your squad? I'd like to seem some serious blazing!

For production, you could go right, take the paper coming in, hit the steel, reload, take the 4 moving across, reload for the barrel. or take the 4 in the middle coming in, reload take the 3 thru the barrel, run across while reload, paper than steel.

No vids from my squad. but I think I will shoot limited at Manville, so I grab some video of that and we can all have a good laugh while I try to find the dot

For production, you could go right, take the paper coming in, hit the steel, reload, take the 4 moving across, reload for the barrel. or take the 4 in the middle coming in, reload take the 3 thru the barrel, run across while reload, paper than steel.

No vids from my squad. but I think I will shoot limited at Manville, so I grab some video of that and we can all have a good laugh while I try to find the dot

I don't think you'll have a problem shooting that spaghetti blaster, dot, or not.

I don't think you'll have a problem shooting that spaghetti blaster, dot, or not.

Me neither.

BTW Mike, following up on our discussion we had with D, I looked all over the rule book and could not find anything that says it is against the rules to deactivate the button on the Serpa Holster in production division. I don't believe he broke any rule on that one.

Would it fall under retention strap 5.2.5.3? Its not a strap, but a retention device. I asked on BE, but did not get a definative answer and the one person (NROI instructor) that could have helped gave a wiseass answer

Last edited:
Would it fall under retention strap 5.2.5.3? Its not a strap, but a retention device. I asked on BE, but did not get a definative answer and the one person (NROI instructor) that could have helped gave a wiseass answer

You know, this is a tough one and I don't know how NROI would eventually rule. He had the Serpa disabled in the same manner at the last Harvard match and I busted on him just for fun. There isn't much concern at a monthly match and it certainly isn't worth any more than a little good natured ribbing.

However, at a major match, if it were me and I didn't want the Serpa button functional, I'd get rid of the button. Just like cutting the strap off a strapped holster. I have seen other Serpa holsters with the button removed.

You need to avoid hassles and distractions during a match, including meeting equipment rules. The proper disposition of a perceived violation would be to ask the competitor to immediately comply with the rules, but at a major match the ruling might also end up being "you are now shooting Open/Minor." And that just wouldn't be worth the argument, arbitration, distraction, even if you were fortunate enough to eventually win the discussion.

we have an agreement not to post those and give away our secrets
if we did that, we wouldn't be able to eventually put together an organized class that Pete would pay us for.

And, why would I be giving you any money??? I'll gladly give my money to the "OTHER" Matt. We all know you'll never share your secrets... It's OK though because we get them from Professionals now... HAHA

Mike, did you e mail John Amidon and ask? An e mail in your bag from him takes care of a problem if he says it is OK.

Back
Top Bottom