IPSC Match -- Springfield, MA at S&W -- Sunday -- 12/4

IPSC Match -- Springfield, MA at S&W -- Sunday -- 12/4

This is shot inside the Smith and Wesson factory, like the IDPA match shown on Sighting In, and put on by the Westfield Sportsman Club.

Starts at 9:30. Cost: $25

Needless to say, the stages are really cool and the people are really nice.

I did have a good time. I am very interested in the new provisional single stack division. I am looking to buy a 1911, and shooting stock/carry guns appeals to me.

I was going to get the 1911 before I even heard about the new division, but that just makes it even more appealing

Gonna go! Fist match ever... ought to be a hoot... I saw the last outdoor match at Westfield and was psyched to get started after that...

Jon

It will be a hoot (I didn't know anyone other than my mother-in-law used that term).

Anyone else?

I'll be the guy with "GTOShootr" on the back of his hat. I'm going to shoot open.

Mailmanx, did you make it out? I went despite the foul weather and had a good time. We only had 7 people in our squadd and we moved along pretty quickly.

GTO... Wonderful time even with the snow and my wife getting rear ended while I was shooting... glad I found out about that after the match. We had 8 or 9 folks in our squad and still moved pretty quickly. I was, of course the slowest... which no seemed to mind a bit. Jim & Jim were the ROs on our squad and everyone was helping each other out and offering suggestions on how I can improve my grip and speed. Thanks to all!

I'm off to SigAcademy this weekend and hope to shoot a couple of IDPA qualifiers/matches in December at S&W as well. Back to IPSC in January.

I'm hooked.

Glad to have something to shoot at during the cold, wintry months in the NE.

Take care and I'll see you on the range I'm sure.

Jon

Jon, that is good to hear. I've squadded with the Daltons a couple times and they are nice guys and great shooters.

I may try the IPDA match too so keep me posted on those. I'll be a first timer there too. I'll definitely be there in January for IPSC.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom