Introduction to IDPA Clinic - Harvard Sportsmens Club - Saturday, 4/16/11

Last I checked, they weren't available to reloaders, they had poor shelf life, and they were three times the cost. Has that changed?

Midway has lead free fiocchi small pistol primers for $54 per 1500. They claim a 15 year shelf life. I have no experience with them personally.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Midway has lead free fiocchi small pistol primers for $54 per 1500. They claim a 15 year shelf life. I have no experience with them personally.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Midway would even ship them to MA. I know they won't ship bullets or cartridges...

I wonder if Midway would even ship them to MA. I know they won't ship bullets or cartridges...

No, they won't. Posting sources that ship to MA is verboten on the forum because the AG's goons are watching. Just pointing out that they are available to reloaders, and while there's a cost premium, it's not ridiculous.

No, they won't. Posting sources that ship to MA is verboten on the forum because the AG's goons are watching. Just pointing out that they are available to reloaders, and while there's a cost premium, it's not ridiculous.

Friends in friendly states helps too.

Last I checked, they weren't available to reloaders, they had poor shelf life, and they were three times the cost. Has that changed?

And they require special handling which is why they are not for the reloading community yet.

I have dealt with lead issues and studied it for about 10 years now. I am shooting lead bullets again outdoors. There is no appreciable hazard to the shooter outdoors with proper handling, proper load data, proper post match clean up, and proper on range procedures.

Lead is cumulative and when you suddenly realize your levels are high, guess what? They have been going up for some time. Poorly ventilated indoor ranges are the only thing now that elevates my lead levels. They go up shooting CMJ bullets indoors just as quickly as anything else. The lead scare has been over done as far as I am concerned. I control my lead levels and I am checked ever 6 mos.

Do what you need to do and keep your fingers out of your mouth [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom