• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting day at the range

Could always make some dummy rounds (no powder or primer) and see if you're flinching etc.

Weird for sure. But the explanation that others offered makes sense.
I honestly don’t know what my groups would be at 40’ it’s been so long since I’ve actually practiced slow fire/accuracy on my own time. Maybe I’ll do that tomorrow after IDPA. 😂

Weird for sure. But the explanation that others offered makes sense.
I honestly don’t know what my groups would be at 40’ it’s been so long since I’ve actually practiced slow fire/accuracy on my own time. Maybe I’ll do that tomorrow after IDPA. 😂
This
If your not shooting for Xs your "skillset" for Xs definately declines.
Many years ago when trying to shoot better at service pistol 25 and 50 yards a better shooter than I, gave me some practice drills , IIRC it was a B2 target at 50' . These targets had 5 of the aiming blacks on them.
Call your shots scribble you calls down and compare. Eventually my calls where pretty spot on.

It took me a good while to get 80% or more of my shots in the black at 50', 25 & 50 yards.

Distance does not matter much if your targets are scaled , the error is still there.
10m pellet shooting its tough only because the targets are scaled down. Look at the 10 on a 10m target its a what 3/8 inch.
Pellet shooters are as crazy about sorting/sizing/forming pellets as reloaders can be.
It all comes down to looking at small changes and what they do for you.
Heck if your target shooting for score NPA plays big.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom