• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting Conversation with Kimber's Shop

Since the new slide stop didn't fix the problem I have with the slide releasing when it's pulled back from a locked position I called their Custom Shop again. The guy I talked to said they recommend using the slide release button as opposed to the slingshot method. Said it was less stress on the aluminum frame. ???? Maybe it was because mine doesn't work that way, or maybe it's just his preference. He also said to put 500 rounds through it and see how it is then.

Since the new slide stop didn't fix the problem I have with the slide releasing when it's pulled back from a locked position I called their Custom Shop again. The guy I talked to said they recommend using the slide release button as opposed to the slingshot method. Said it was less stress on the aluminum frame. ????

He is correct if we are talking abouit dropping the slide on an empty chamber, for the reasons I explained in the other thread. It is also preferable manually to use the slide stop versus pull-and-release when reloading, but for a different reason, as also previously discussed.

He also said to put 500 rounds through it and see how it is then.

This strikes me as questionable, since the cycling of the slide stop is not a function of shooting the gun. The slide stop should drop naturally and of its own accord once an empty magazine follower is no longer pushing it up and a stopped slide is no longer holding it up. And it should do this before the first round is fired from the gun.

Back
Top Bottom