• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting Chinese Type 53/56 Mosin Nagant Cartridge Test Carbine on auction

I'm always on the lookout for interesting stuff at auction houses. Today I was at the Amoskeag auction web site and found they have a very rare Chinese Type 53/56 Mosin Nagant Cartridge Test Carbine listed for auction. Never heard of one so did some researched web. Seems there's only a few examples of them ever imported into USA, What makes it rare/interesting is that its single shot and chambered in the 7.62 x 39. Auctions on Nov 18 & 19. The carbine is lot number 1236, Quite an interesting piece for Mosin collectors I guess!!

I'm always on the lookout for interesting stuff at auction houses. Today I was at the Amoskeag auction web site and found they have a very rare Chinese Type 53/56 Mosin Nagant Cartridge Test Carbine listed for auction. Never heard of one so did some researched web. Seems there's only a few examples of them ever imported into USA, What makes it rare/interesting is that its single shot and chambered in the 7.62 x 39. Auctions on Nov 18 & 19. The carbine is lot number 1236, Quite an interesting piece for Mosin collectors I guess!!
"Cartridge Test Carbine" likely means high pressure proof rounds and other exotic stuff was run through it. I wouldn't want to fire it!

Actually I think they used it to test manufactured 7.62x39 made in their factory plants. The Russians developed the system to test their ammo and looks like the Chinese just copied them I don't think I would shoot this carbine on a regular basis either. It's more of a rare collector piece and only two known to exist. Apex has the other one,

Back
Top Bottom