Interesting audit done by the state

I predict that the legislature will solve the problem by changing the mandated date of 40 days to 120 days. That will solve the problem. [rolleyes]

the problems with audits is they dont have much if any action to them after...plus there are no penalties for the state not doing its job

Interesting to see the size on some of the towns who made the 40 day time requirement. Some rather large and others very small.
Of course there were many who went just over the 40 days but auditors must list only the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict that the legislature will solve the problem by changing the mandated date of 40 days to 120 days. That will solve the problem. [rolleyes]

That will fix that problem once and for all. [puke]

4 possible outcomes of this audit

1) - they will put into law a number greater than 40 days to issue/deny (so, you know, they can be in compliance with the law)
2) - they will invest in more technology (giving someone's brother's company a juicy contract)
3) - they will hire more people to become lifetime leaches on the government tit
4) - all of the above

(and the people will still get screwed with delays)

I talked to the woman who does licenses in my town about this and she said once she gives someone's license her final approval she might get their license in a week or a month. She showed me the stack that arrived that day and some she had approved over a month ago. I can't remember exactly but I think she said she gets licenses from the state weekly, so if you miss it by a day you have to wait another week.

At least the CHSB has a hotline now that you can call to see if your local constabulary actually sent in your paperz.... but yes, they will do Option 4 on the above posted list.

I love the reco. "Let's have a meeting and see if there is anything we can do. Then ignore the problem a crap-load more."

the CHSB should take a lesson from PA, renewals take about 20 minutes including photo, ID check, and issue of new license.

Dupe...

I contacted my senator and rep who are both pro gun and got crickets back....

It's not re-election time.
They'll be sucking around gun clubs shaking hands and patting backs then.
After that you can GFY.
My local guy is actually a member of my club and I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the guy after Healy's shit show.
He and some others signed the "Strongly worded letter" and then stepped aside to let the ass raping commence.
He lost my vote.

Last edited:
It's not re-election time.
They'll be sucking around gun clubs shaking hands and patting backs then.
After that you can GFY.
My local guy is actually a member of my club and I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the guy after Healy's shit show.
He and some others signed the "Strongly worded letter" and then stepped aside to let the ass raping commence.
He lost my vote.

Yeah......I didn't vote for her anyway, she is a pro gun Dem, but still a liberal as far as policy goes. I voted for the republican who unfortunately lost. Not that it mattered anyway, all these dickheads are is useless a$$ sucks who just care about themselves and don't want to rock the boat.

She actually got back to me with some BS crap and said, I need to see where GOAL stands....

I told her it doesn't matter where GOAL stands, 90%+ of the people applying for permits are getting screwed, and the police and state aren't following the law....GOAL has nothing to do with that!! These politicians just think you are stupid and will accept their regurgitated crap. After that you get crickets back, Same old crap, nothing gets done.

And yeah...its pretty much GFY and your common sense questions. My Rep didn't even get back to me and he's a Republican....

Last edited:
the CHSB should take a lesson from PA, renewals take about 20 minutes including photo, ID check, and issue of new license.

Which is what it should take, they can do a full background check in about 3 minutes time, in the front of the police cruiser, when you get stopped for speeding. Why does a gun permit take so long?

Which is what it should take, they can do a full background check in about 3 minutes time, in the front of the police cruiser, when you get stopped for speeding. Why does a gun permit take so long?

Because MA doesn't want you to have a gun and they don't believe in self defense. They want you to be reliant on the Commonwealth for everything.

Realize that this department has no enforcement powers.

Complaints to the State Inspector General's Office, if investigated, can enforce legal sanctions against departments that do not comply with MGLs. So if you want results . . .

Realize that this department has no enforcement powers.

Complaints to the State Inspector General's Office, if investigated, can enforce legal sanctions against departments that do not comply with MGLs. So if you want results . . .

Oh...sent it to them too....

"if investigated" and want results[rofl][rofl][rofl] more crickets!

Last edited:
If anybody wants to mess with the sorting in the table, I exported it to an Excel workbook and cleaned up the formatting.

You can download it here: http://www.beholdapalehorse.us/docs/ma-licensing-audit.xlsx

- - - Updated - - -

4 possible outcomes of this audit

1) - they will put into law a number greater than 40 days to issue/deny (so, you know, they can be in compliance with the law)
2) - they will invest in more technology (giving someone's brother's company a juicy contract)
3) - they will hire more people to become lifetime leaches on the government tit
4) - all of the above

(and the people will still get screwed with delays)

You forgot the most obvious and likely thing they will do: Nothing.

Back
Top Bottom