Insight AN/PEQ-14 Dual Spectrum Pistol MFAL: (Multi-Function Aiming Laser)

Reptile

NES Member
Article:
Hello fellow photon aficionados and welcome back to another Friday Night Lights. Today we take a look at another Insight product. This time we are looking at their pistol mounted MFAL (Multi-Function Aiming Laser), the AN/PEQ-14. Friday Night Lights is brought to you by ATN Corp, manufacturers of night vision and thermal optics like the THOR LT. As with all of our sponsored series, Friday Night Lights will continue to bring you unbiased news and reviews from a variety of companies.

When it comes to pistol lights with integrated lasers, the vast majority of them have a combination of visible light and maybe some infrared capability. The old Streamlight TLR-VIR has an IR laser and a white light. The same goes for the Olight BALDR-IR. The SureFire X400V and Streamlight TLR-VIRII both have white light, IR light and IR laser. However, they rarely have the full package of dual spectrum light and laser. What am I talking about? VIS light/laser as well as IR light/laser. The PEQ-14 is such a pistol light. It has an incandescent bulb for white light as well as a red visible laser. The VIS laser is slaved to the IR laser so when you zero one, it zeroes the other. And to complete the package the Insight PEQ-14 has an IR laser illuminator.

The PEQ-14 is actually an old design. There are a number of variants out there. Some call it the LAM-1000 and it is also known as the PEQ-6. It was designed by Insight Technology for the US SOCOM pistol, the MK23. The military also calls it the ILWLP (Integrated Laser White Light Pointer). See Pete’s article about the KAC suppressor and some background on the MK23. I have reviewed the MARK23 as well with you can read here.

Below you can see the PEQ-6 direct mounted to the H&K Mark23 and another Mark23 with a low profile rail to mount the PEQ-14/LAM-1000

Continues....

IMG_2318.jpg

It’s not Friday night. You’re slow……..or very early.

I can see the value of a light and laser combo in different circumstances but at what cost?

Granted that most of us using this stuff are mostly playing around but it looks absolutely massive and I imaging finding a holster would be a bitch.

Last edited:
After reading the article it looks like the cost is $1000-$1500.

Being a class 3 laser it’s not available to Civilians unless you find one on the second hand market but there won’t be any warranty and it’s a shady area where it comes from.

That said, I want to play with one.

Back
Top Bottom