Inland M1 Carbine

I belong to the Cape Cod Fish and Game Club in Harwich and took the new rifle to the range there this past weekend. I was very pleased with the accuracy. It was much better than I expected. It shot 3-4" high at 25 yards, but the groups were tight. I'll try it at 100 yards and then put a taller front sight on if needed.

That's about spot on for military zero.
If you look at the M1 carbine zero and accuracy test target. The impact zone is high above the aim point.
If you use a SR 1 target and hold on 6o'clock of the black bull you will be pretty much in the 10 ring. Maybe a tad high. Link to target below. Now if you like a center hold adjust your sight as needed.
It's early so might have this wrong. Sight correction formula. All numbers need to be in inches.
Correction needed X sight radius / distance in inches.
4x21(i think that's carbine radius) =84/900"(25 yards) =.093" correction to move impact 4"

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...-M1-carbines-sticky?highlight=Accuracy+target

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'll get SR1 targets and try it at 100yds

if your keping the rounds on the black of a SR 1 target your carbine is doing a lot better than the US Gov. was expecting. USGI was good to go keeping 5 rounds out of 7 under 12moa.

Century Arms is selling Winchester and Inland M1 Carbines right now. Mine was delivered yesterday. stock is rough but no cracks. Winchester receiver with an Underwood barrel. If you have your FFL 03 they will ship free to your house. Im really happy with mine. The import stamp is under the bayo lug and is SAMCO MIA FL. Century bought them out in bankruptcy. I also found an inventory list from samco with my serial number, they had purchased it may 14 1986 so I think century is just getting around to selling these. The inland is $800 and winchester $850. I would recommend getting one if you dont have a carbine already.

Century Arms is selling Winchester and Inland M1 Carbines right now. Mine was delivered yesterday. stock is rough but no cracks. Winchester receiver with an Underwood barrel. If you have your FFL 03 they will ship free to your house. Im really happy with mine. The import stamp is under the bayo lug and is SAMCO MIA FL. Century bought them out in bankruptcy. I also found an inventory list from samco with my serial number, they had purchased it may 14 1986 so I think century is just getting around to selling these. The inland is $800 and winchester $850. I would recommend getting one if you dont have a carbine already.

Re-Imports?

I believe he is saying that the forum rules state that we are not allowed to name sources of companies that will ship to Massachusetts. That rule is for ammunition, reloading powder etc and is to protect us and the company that is shipping, since the laws in this state are so vague on what is allowed. That rule does not apply in this case, because the OP was just stating that the dealer will ship to you if you have an FFL 03 (C&R)

I believe he is saying that the forum rules state that we are not allowed to name sources of companies that will ship to Massachusetts. That rule is for ammunition, reloading powder etc and is to protect us and the company that is shipping, since the laws in this state are so vague on what is allowed. That rule does not apply in this case, because the OP was just stating that the dealer will ship to you if you have an FFL 03 (C&R)

Not quite:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...hip-C-R-items-ammo-guns-to-C-R-holders-in-MA:

Just to clarify: This goes for any company that will ship anything to individuals, FFLs, or anyone else in MA. If you have a line on a great company who will ship cheap milsurps to your local FFL please keep it to yourself. There are already too many companies who won't ship to MA at all, not even to FFLs, we don't want to lose the few that are left.

As I said; no names. I got an infraction five years ago for posting a link to a Chilean Mauser Stock. I haven't posted any names since.

T

As I said; no names. I got an infraction five years ago for posting a link to a Chilean Mauser Stock. I haven't posted any names since.

T

Back to the subject. What's your opinion on these firearms? I'm thinking of buying one of the Winchesters. Obviously not a collector piece, but I'm not seeing any Carbines for under $1,000 these days

Back to the subject. What's your opinion on these firearms? I'm thinking of buying one of the Winchesters. Obviously not a collector piece, but I'm not seeing any Carbines for under $1,000 these days

something tells me that the ones from samco global<<out of business. where probably a bit on the poor side of condition.
I cant see SAmco sitting on anything really nice over the years before they got into what ever mess that forced the auction.
I would like to see some pictures of some of the M1s.
I recieved some pictures from the auction house and many of the stuff they showed was in the "rough" area or somewhere a little less than a rack grade cmp item? If you check out the Israeli k98 7.62 conversions they offer they are probably the cream of the crop.
I wouldnt mind if they had some of the nice swedish mausers Samco was selling.

Last edited:
eo1bart,
Here is an inventory list from 2015, my winchester serial number is listed there. Apparently samco purchased it with many others 5/14/86.
http://static.auctionservices.com/documents/148074/3550-INV.pdf
So I assume it has been sitting there until century dusted them off.
Like i said i am happy with mine, and I havent seen any for under 1k also. I dont have a TE or ME gauge but the barrel is shiny and rifling is good.
These were not cobbled together from parts by samco. Ill try and get some pics up soon I have it all apart cleaning it.

I sent them my FFL 03 yesterday and they haven't got back to me yet. looks like I missed out on the Winchesters

it took me a few weeks to get set with them.....only to basically be denied shipping anything but bolt guns and semi auto rifles with fixed magazines.

It took a while for them to process my initial ffl also, but see if you can deal with Roxanne, she is very responsive and great customer service.

They must have cobbled a few more Winchesters together. They are listed again. I wish they would answer the damn phone!

phone what then they would actually have to talk to customers..

also if you think CIA is not putting together parts guns......well [rofl]

I've had an itch for another Carbine since I bought my first one about 4 weeks ago. Just bought a mixmaster, Inland receiver/Rockola Barrel. This will hopefully be my shooter. Should arrive by mail 3/7 Inland-Receiver-M1-Carbine_100822229_1578_3702435572FDF388.JPG Inland-Receiver-M1-Carbine_100822229_1578_87544532C0D93D30.JPG

Back
Top Bottom