Inland M1 Carbine

so this is a private sale not from the samco global inventory that was bought up by XYZ

By the time XYZ processed my C&R info, all the M1 Carbines were gone. I've been scouring the interweb since looking for something in the $800.00 range, but wasn't having any luck. I even came close to buying a Plainfield repro. The one I bought I spotted 2 minutes after it was posted, and called the seller right away. After a few questions I told him I'll take it. $650.00 shipped to my door. I thought that was a good deal. The guy is an FFL and has been selling on line for 10 years with a 100% rating. He knew all about M1 Carbines and said it didn't have any "Blue Sky" or other import marks, and the bore was very good.

By the time XYZ processed my C&R info, all the M1 Carbines were gone. I've been scouring the interweb since looking for something in the $800.00 range, but wasn't having any luck. I even came close to buying a Plainfield repro. The one I bought I spotted 2 minutes after it was posted, and called the seller right away. After a few questions I told him I'll take it. $650.00 shipped to my door. I thought that was a good deal. The guy is an FFL and has been selling on line for 10 years with a 100% rating. He knew all about M1 Carbines and said it didn't have any "Blue Sky" or other import marks, and the bore was very good.

the plainsfields are POS. 650 for a reparked M1 is not a bad deal.
Im thinking of puting a criterion barrel on my blue sky inland

What does that entail? A smith to pull the existing bbl and press a new one in? I have a similar gun.

What does that entail? A smith to pull the existing bbl and press a new one in? I have a similar gun.

I have everything needed except the finish chamber reamer.
The barrel threads onto the receiver. I have a wrench I bought through cmp that does 1903/mauser style actions , garand and carbine.
I need a better barrel vise block and the reamer
Then I just have to buy the barrel.

I won't say it's hard or easy but if you have a little mechanical skill and can follow directions there is not to many things most can't do with the surplus guns.
I,have done M1s and a few 1903a3 barrel swaps so far and the carbine is taunting me for some new barrel.

I will probably need to spend about 150$ on a few more tools....although I have thought about renting the chamber reamer as I don't plan on doing any carbine work.

Last edited:
The nice thing about Carbine is that all WW2 carbine ammo wasn't corrosive, unlike the Garands and 03s. As such, the barrels tend to be in much better shape.

Love hickok45 bit that full30 doesn't do well for me...choppy and constantly reloading WTF is,this Hickok's new home....no more you tube.?
I really have not kept up with him honestly

I forget the entire story but apparently there were some problems with YouTube and Full30 gave him what he felt was a better venue. He may still be on YouTube also, don't really know. I have very few problems with Full30, certainly no more than other services.

I forget the entire story but apparently there were some problems with YouTube and Full30 gave him what he felt was a better venue. He may still be on YouTube also, don't really know. I have very few problems with Full30, certainly no more than other services.

Yeah tried it on kindle, phone and my desk top it gets the spinny thing about ever 40 seconds?
Any way I won't be shooting anytime soon so it just makes me sad watching

I just checked YouTube and he is still there. One of the first offerings was the Inland Carbine video.

Back
Top Bottom