• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

info on M/N Sniper ??

Has anyone bought one of the Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifles that are currently
avalable for $339.95??????????? and do you have any comments on them
if you have picked one up? i just had the BBT drop off a 91/30 Lammanated
and "WoW" excellant Bore!! My first C&R purchace was a M/N 91/30 but
that one has a verry dark bore, but it shoots like it has a National-match
barrel!! " Go Figure " Anyway i Orderd one of the Sniper rifles yesterday
and they said it will be shipped Monday so i guese ill see for myself next week
but any info would be welcome, Hay Mil-4 me you must have one of these
beauty,s?? (Happy Thanksgiving to all on the Forum)

Sheriff dudley s.a.s.s.17925

Yep. I got one a while ago before I had my C&R license. Mine doesn't shoot as well as I had hoped it would. I think I have to shim the mount. The 3 bar reticle scope takes a little getting used to.
Most are actual sniper rifles, some have been drilled and tapped by the distributor and passed off as snipers.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/sniper section/default.asp

All the info on them you'll need is there.

I ordered one last Monday, it should be arriving tommorow. I wont be able to shoot it until after Santa comes though, but I will be able to check it out before it gets wrapped up.

I purchased mine early in the year. I found it to be a teriffic shooter. The bore was dark but some good scrubbing cleaned it up pretty well. The scope was set up perfectly by SOG or at the European factory in that I only had to make minor adjustments and it was pretty much dead nuts at 100 yards. You'll enjoy yours I'm sure. And happy Thanksgiving to you also!
9130SVT3.jpg

Hey Al, nice to see you around. I hope you doing OK.

These repros are usually built up on standard non ex-sniper rearsenaled rifles. One batch was built up using hex receivers which were not used for original snipers.
At any rate, the price is still good for what they are. I think you'll be happy just the same.

If that Mosin Sniper came from SOG, it likely came from Century, and they did get a bunch of ex-snipers (holes filled, maybe bolt straightened). SOG/Century guns may have aftermarket/repro scopes and mounts installed on a real ex-sniper rifle. Want to see what the value of PU scopes and mounts are? Check eBay out.

I think 7.62x54R.net has some info on which rifles were used to make PU scoped snipers. I'm in the process of building a fake, using a correct arsenal and year rifle (Ishevesk 1944), and a new production PU scope and mount. It will look real, and cherry condition, but I'm not calling it real.

Inerordnance made some up that are totally fakes, passed off as real. Don't trust I/O, they've been caught many times in shady deals.

A real PU sniper should bring about $500 to $700, and a real PE sniper should run close to $1000.

Last edited:
Yes, the import mark is CAI, etc. I contacted SOG before purchasing it and they told me it was a "real" ex-sniper and that the scope and mount was a reproduction. Know what, I didn't care. The rifle is in great condition but most of all shoots extremely accurately! That's all that mattered to me. Guess I saw Enemy at the Gates 10 times too many. LOL

Yes, the import mark is CAI, etc. I contacted SOG before purchasing it and they told me it was a "real" ex-sniper and that the scope and mount was a reproduction. Know what, I didn't care. The rifle is in great condition but most of all shoots extremely accurately! That's all that mattered to me. Guess I saw Enemy at the Gates 10 times too many. LOL

No problem with what you got, you got one of the good ones, not an I/O POS. At least Century is honest about what they are. No, I'd say you've done well on that buy. (When I bought my rifle and scope, Century didn't have ex-sniper rifles available, otherwise, I'd have done the same.)

I/O claimed theirs were real when they were totally fake, even the wrong receivers, for crying out loud. My point is to avoid the crooks at I/O. Buy from SOG, or direct from Century.

And, I am like you with watching Enemy at the Gates. I've read the book (non-fiction) as well. It covers the entire seige of Stalingrad, and the decimation of the Wehrmacht's 6th Army. Long read, but very educational.

Info on M/N Sniper??

Thanks Guys i asked the right questions to the right group! i apreciate the
great information here!! i hope the one i get next week looks as good as
one you guys just showed pic,s of!! thats anouther thing i will have to do is get some pick,s made and try those instructions that mil-4 told me about a couple of weeks ago. thanks again S.D.

Back
Top Bottom