Indoor Steel Plate match @ Hopkinton Wed 3/21/2018 6 PM

Y'all going to come on down?

• Darn, I wish I could but we're going ballroom dancing that evening.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will be the last one for this winter season. No competition experience required! If this is your first time, simply see one of the HSA folks and they will brief you.
Come one, come all. The only requirement is that you are SAFE.

Where:
Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748

Date: Wednesday 3/21/2018

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo.

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 person relays; $6.00 to winner; $3 for second place. We draw lots for initial pairing and "award" an extra target for each full relay you win!

The targets: Five 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid" style.

Equipment: Any safe/serviceable handgun 38/9mm or larger; semi or revolver. Iron sights only. No more than 10 rounds in the gun.

If we have enough interest, we will run an "Open" and/or "Revolver" Division relay so bring out the "Dot" guns and "Wheelies."

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Buzzer start. First one to knock down their targets advances.
Relay winners get an extra target for all subsequent entries.

Safety: IPSC/USPSA - Safety rules, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

More info here. Hopkinton Heavy Hitters

Contact me if you have any other questions. 508-294-0394

Michael.

Dinner at the Dynasty Restaurant after for anyone interested.

I got stuck in waltham at an eye appointment with my wife for the last one. NOT THIS TIME!!!

Bring more, or shoot slower. [grin]

We're not going to let a few flakes get in the way of us having some fun tonight. We'll see what the turnout is.

Last edited:
Had a good time last night. Thanks Michael, Stewart, and the rest of the Hopkinton members.
Caught up with some old friends and met some new ones. Enjoyed the trigger time and for me, boy do I need all that I can get.
And nobody took home the infamous #8 chip as Randy replenished with some really nice ones. Just messing with you Randy.

Side note: I've lived in NE for quite some time. The weather or should I say the "threat of weather" is just a fact of life and you deal with. That being said, when I left last night and all the way home, I didn't encounter one snowflake. O.K. that A$$hole in the Prius with the Bernie sticker doesn't count.

Thanks again for hosting and I'll be back when you guys do it again.

Jay

Very low turnout, that just meant we all shot more (and ran out of ammo). Next time do not listen to the weather forcast.......although next time is next fall.............lots of fun !!

Yup, that's a wrap for the indoor plate shoots this winter. I'm glad we were able to put these on to give folks some trigger time during the cold dark Winter. We are scheduled to start our outdoor USPSA monthly matches next month. Hopefully the pits will be dried out by then.

Thanks to all of the shooters an especially the Hopkinton Heavy Hitters group that make these matches possible.

Back
Top Bottom