• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm looking for a WOODSTOVE fan any recommendations

THEFAN

Banned
I have been looking at woodstove fans for the last week now and not sure what to get.

I've been looking at this model WOODSTOVE FAN - CAFRAMO ECOFAN - MODEL 800 - 100 CFM

Any thoughts or recommendations.

I have about 100.00 put aside and it's in paypal so I would like to buy that way. I live on an island so traveling inland is not a real option at this time. LMK Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
Instead of buying an expensive little fan made especially for woodstoves, I'd just get an inexpensive little computer fan. It'll do the same job & you can get one for under $20.

Have you tried the manufacturer of your particularr stove, in order to easily match up the mounting, and screw attachments?

I've got a bunch of old computers with fans. Hook them up in a little box, with a power supply, and you're good to go. In fact, I might just try this myself. I think they are 80mm fans.

If you are going for the low noise/no electric option the original post seems to be the way to go. the muffin fans tend to whine and make a bit of noise.

Aha, now I see what he was talking about. Some discussion here: http://forums.makezine.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5286

What I always wondered about with these things and also the pellet stoves is why there can't be a wind-up powered fan (or feeder for pellets) with some weights like in a cuckoo clock. Just crank it up the night before and it runs for a day or two before you have to crank again. You could probably make something with a little flag that pops up when it is all wound down and in need of rewinding. That said, I'd like to see a home gym (treadmill/bike/elliptical/rower) powered way of generating electricity. In fact, I'd REALLY love to have a whole eco-gym where all the participants pay to exercise, and each machine is hooked up to a chains or belts (like the old textile mills) which can be put on with a clutch and even have different gearing. Get 50 people exercising away, and you can run the air conditioners or maybe more. Anyone remember Gilligan's Island where they run the washer/dryer on bike power? ;-)

fan

what he needs is a fan that does not need electricity from a power line,he is on an island and could lose power.they are advertising them but I forgot where as I was not interested in getting one.[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom