I'm looking for a hand/help assembling my AA lower

Patriot

NES Member
1) Does anyone out there want to do me a favor and put my AA lower and Stag LPK together?
I definitely made a mistake in getting a stripped lower as I just don't seem to have the fire to
get the tools (I have none and it seems a waste to acquire them for this one and only time
I will ever need them) and assemble it.

or

2) Does anyone have the tools required to assemble a lower (whatever they are) and could
let me borrow them and then I would take a crack at it?

or

3) Does anyone have the tools required to assemble a lower (whatever they are) and would
sell me them at a discount (shared cost thought process [smile]) and then I would take a crack at it?

The only tools needed are punches, pliers, screwdriver; and the only special tool would be the wrench for the butt stock, but in theory you could improvise.

I heard something about Brownells having some excellent videos for assembling an AR. I'd verify that, but Brownells is blocked at work.

I assembled 4 lowers using only a hammer, punch, razor blade (to hold the detent down), tweezers (to hold the roll pin) and some duct tape (so as not to scratch the lower when installing the bolt catch pin). If you check out AR15.com under the build it your self section they walk you through it, and I believe someone has posted a video of it on youtube. The first one took about an hour, that was last year and the last 3 I did I think it only took a 1/2 hour each.

check out ar15.com. There is a wealth of info under the ar15, build-it-yourself section. Also, here is a video of it....
http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag/Video/LLE_AR15StrippedLower.wmv

click on the link and wait for it. It might take a minute or two to load.

I built mine by using the above link as well as the info on AR15.com. Very easy to do. The best part of the above video is when he buggers up the lower when putting in the bolt catch. (and that he's barefoot) Other than that it's a very easy to follow video

Take your time and you're good to go

Ive done about 20+ lower assembles.

one thing that stands out more than anything else is use a std size pair of Channel lock pliers on the Bolt catch and the trigger guard roll pins.

It was much easier pressing the pin in with the channel locks rather than with a punch and hammer.

1) Does anyone out there want to do me a favor and put my AA lower and Stag LPK together?
I definitely made a mistake in getting a stripped lower as I just don't seem to have the fire to
get the tools (I have none and it seems a waste to acquire them for this one and only time
I will ever need them) and assemble it.

or

2) Does anyone have the tools required to assemble a lower (whatever they are) and could
let me borrow them and then I would take a crack at it?

or

3) Does anyone have the tools required to assemble a lower (whatever they are) and would
sell me them at a discount (shared cost thought process [smile]) and then I would take a crack at it?

ICYCLEFAR not only assembled my lower but he did a wonderful job explaining the process.
A huge high five to him.

Thanks very much Jon. It was very generous of you to give me your time.

Regards,

Richard

for others who may read this thread with the same hesitations

I built up the courage to assemble mine after a few cocktails.

It was super easy.

I used my bare hands, a small allen wrench to use as a "punch" to tap the pins flush, a wrench as a hammer to tap the pins in, a pair of pliers to coax the bolt catch pin in, a box-cutter to hold the detent pin in while inserting the pivol pin and a screwdriver to screw in the pistol grip screw. A little masking tape here and there to protect the finish from scrapes and I was good to go.

The tricky part was putting in the trigger group correctly, but after watching a few youtube videos and looking at some pics on ar15.com, I was all set!

very easy!

Where he buggered up the reciever at the bolt catch area, don't it that way. Take a pair of slipjoint pliers and wrap some electrical tape around the jaws and then you won't mar the anodising.

Back
Top Bottom