Illuminated Bow Sights?

I had a deer walk to 10 yards of my stand last night a couple minutes before final shooting time. Drew on it, but there was so little ambient light that I couldn't get a decent sight picture. I have a basic, fiber optic sight that came with my read-to-hunt starter bow kit. Do those with battery powered bow sights find that there is a significant improvement in their low light shooting capability? Or does it just make your pins easier to see? Also found a couple glow in the dark peeps. Any positive experiences with those? Thanks!

They help you see your pins for sure. The real question is can you see the deer well enough through the peep you have to place the appropriate pin on the right spot.

Glow in the dark peep is a gimmick.

I experience the opposite effect. The sight (simple fiber optic) is too bright in low light, washing out the target. I think I need a larger peep.

I have a light for my pins but only used it when I was in a blind and it got darker inside the blind before end of legal shooting.

When I am out of the blind, which has been every sit this year, it there is not enough light to illuminate my closest pin, to me it is to late to let an arrow go. Others my have a different opinion.

Back
Top Bottom