IL - Store Owner Shoots Armed Would-Be Robber

The robber fired two shots inside the small jewelry shop in West Rogers Park as he threatened Georgi Layous and terrorized Layous' wife and two young grandchildren, even snatching a butterfly necklace and a purse from the 4-year-old granddaughter.

“He came in with a schoolbag, and said, 'Hi, how are you,' ’’ said Layous. “He opened his bag and took the gun out right away and said, 'I’ll kill you.', and he told me to put the money in the bag right away.’’

Musa Thomas, 19, became angry when he found only $11 in the register, so he jumped onto the counter and pushed Layous to the ground, Layous said.

Layous said Thomas also pushed his wife to the ground, telling her he would kill her if she moved. Layous said Thomas even robbed his little granddaughter Sophia, taking a purse and a jewel box and grabbing the necklace from around her neck.

Before leaving, the robber turned his back and began fiddling with a computer to get at surveillance video. The 66-year-old Layous -- paralyzed on his right side from a stroke years ago -- said he saw his chance.

Turning to his wife, he told her in Arabic, "Give me the gun."...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ners-granddaughter-4-20120502,0,6779129.story

Except for the part about the police taking the shop owner's gun... open season on this poor guy now!
Illinois has a mere 3-day waiting period, but chances are he doesn't have a FOID (3 month wait) and hasn't jumped through the hoops (2+ months) to comply with Chicago's insane handgun permitting process. If he or his wife does have a FOID, they can purchase a shotgun or rifle and wait "only" 24-hours to take possession.

Illinois has a mere 3-day waiting period, but chances are he doesn't have a FOID (3 month wait) and hasn't jumped through the hoops (2+ months) to comply with Chicago's insane handgun permitting process. If he or his wife does have a FOID, they can purchase a shotgun or rifle and wait "only" 24-hours to take possession.
Even for a shop-owner in their place of business? Well, I guess that's the same as MA, just a matter of magnitude.

website_headshot1.jpg

We discourage self-help. That store owner should have given up his possessions and taken a bullet in the head.

Law enforcement would have been by later to clean up.

website_headshot1.jpg

We discourage self-help. That store owner should have given up his possessions and taken a bullet in the head.

Law enforcement would have been by later to clean up.

Now THAT is awesome!!!

and +1 on he should have killed him.. the store owner didn't get charged by the police, YET, we all saw what happened in Fla.

but when all is said and done he will probably end up getting sued in civil court for pain and suffering by the guy that tried to rob him

with any luck getting shot in the hip will leave him with a screwed up leg putting an end to his snatch and run career. Or at least the run part. Slow moving targets are easier to hit! Of course if his leg is screwed up he'll probably just end up on disability sucking up more of our tax $

I guess the best we can hope for is that the statistics prove out and this 19 year old wanna be gangster never makes it to 30...

end of rant...

Back
Top Bottom