If you could pick one... Bergara BPR-27 2020 Premier LPR 2. in 300prc or Desert Tech creedmoor 6.5 mdrx

Hey guys. I own a keltec rdb(.223) and rfb 308. Im a little over the 308 round and wanted a larger caliber battle cqb/ med long range weapon and also a large caliber bolt gun sub MOA. I feel like my 308 is very close to the 6.5 for my mid range application POU and I feel guilty using good money to get a gun of similar caliber just because its got better accuracy and range. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Im a big fella, so to me .223 is more of a plinking round, I use my 308 like most would a .223. The thing is it bothers me that my gun is 2 MOA and that the 308 platform has some pretty big BC and distance/wind restraints. I feel like the 6.5 desert tech at 1 MOA can take me from CQB to med long range shooting very accurately. But then I know that there will still be a space in my heart for the 300prc. I used to own a 50bmg, loved it but damn thing was so innacurate 2-2.5 MOA {not free floating barrel) so I sold it. Money is a bit of an issue so I have to choose big caliber long range or more prectical 6.5. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
If you want a semi auto fed cartridge. Make the switch to 6.5 creed.

If you want bolt, go with the 300prc , or the 6.5 prc, or basically anything that does not fit in a sr25 magazine.

I had a scar 17, in 308. It was a fun chest thumper. But i faced the reality of

1. Any off the shelf 6.5 creedmoor bullet. Even the 11$ S&B rounds have a higher B.C than many of the 308, but not all of course. And i dont really want to buy the expensive 308 rounds to get higher B.Cs.

2. 6.5 can buck the wind better, and has a better trajectory than 308.

3. I have 5.55 when i want to just plink around.

Built my own AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor. Can do all that the 308 does and costs the same as most 308.

Last edited:
If you want a semi auto fed cartridge. Make the switch to 6.5 creed.

If you want bolt, go with the 300prc , or the 6.5 prc, or basically anything that does not fit in a sr25 magazine.

I had a scar 17, in 308. It was a fun chest thumper. But i faced the reality of

1. Any off the shelf 6.5 creedmoor bullet. Even the 11$ S&B rounds have a higher B.C than many of the 308, but not all of course. And i dont really want to buy the expensive 308 rounds to get higher B.Cs.

2. 6.5 can buck the wind better, and has a better trajectory than 308.

3. I have 5.55 when i want to just plink around.

Built my own AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor. Can do all that the 308 does and costs the same as most 308.
100% agree. thank you.

Back
Top Bottom