• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDPA suspends club, MD and shooters for allowing AIWB in competition

JRT

NES Member
First off, I love IDPA, I've been shooting it for years, my membership number is 4xx. If you shoot IDPA you know the rules change like New England weather and it has been frustrating at times. I watched the video of the competitor shooting from an appendix carry holster, this dude was a skilled shooter. I understand that rules make the competition and rules were broken but this comment proves there was no attempt to come to an agreement with the club or MD. f***ing Joyce ruled from the throne and boom these guys are suspended right as the season goes into full swing. The irony of course is that video can't be used in IDPA to access a shooter penalty or adjust a score, but it was used to toss out suspensions. Also, f*** the Fudd or Karen who sent the video to HQ.

1611412644888.png

Ive got this great idea.... lets make a sport around simulated defensive use of pistols but here is the plot twist.... lets not let them run guns in a defensive manner and make them wear cheesy trap vests....

there is a reason I don't shoot IDPA anymore and its mostly due to the fudds.

To the best of my knowledge IDPA has never allowed AIWB so the folks there should've known better. That said, I'm not sure if AIWB would be allowed not-for-score, since that allows at least some rules to be broken - no idea if that's what they did.

Ive got this great idea.... lets make a sport around simulated defensive use of pistols but here is the plot twist.... lets not let them run guns in a defensive manner and make them wear cheesy trap vests....

there is a reason I don't shoot IDPA anymore and its mostly due to the fudds.
The fishing vests would be the first thing I banned if I was in charge.

To the best of my knowledge IDPA has never allowed AIWB so the folks there should've known better. That said, I'm not sure if AIWB would be allowed not-for-score, since that allows at least some rules to be broken - no idea if that's what they did.
They have never allowed AIWB, they claim its dangerous and they could not get insurance. Uh, I'm 95% sure USPSA allows AIWB.

They have never allowed AIWB, they claim its dangerous and they could not get insurance. Uh, I'm 95% sure USPSA allows AIWB.
I'm not saying I like or agree with the rule. But the rule of the game is the rule of the game. MD and SO knew this rule and knowingly broke it. Again, dumb rules, sure, but it is what it is.

There is zero logic behind "AIWB is a fatal ND waiting to happen". If you carry at 2-4 o'clock, that's the MOST likely fatal wound because of your femoral artery and destroying your femur.

They actually are encouraging the most dangerous type. Which is of course all retarded rhetoric anyway.

I don't do IDPA or USPSA so I have no dog in ths fight. Is the argument here that appendix should be allowed or that the disciplinary action for allowing a shooter to appendix was too harsh? Or both?

My take on it....again....with no dog in the fight......the league has rules.......the ro is responsible for enforcing the rules right? Compare this to a ref im the nfl.....I mean......the ro is basically the ref right? Does an NFL ref get to decide which rules are dumb and not call those penalties? What would happen if he did ignore rules that he thought were stupid? Would he get a warning from the league president? I doubt it...... I bet he'd get suspended and fined and or lose his job right? My point is Joyce wants to maintain order in the league she's in charge of.......suspending an ro and a club for ignoring league rules seems appropriate to me if that's the goal.

I don't do IDPA or USPSA so I have no dog in ths fight. Is the argument here that appendix should be allowed or that the disciplinary action for allowing a shooter to appendix was too harsh? Or both?

My take on it....again....with no dog in the fight......the league has rules.......the ro is responsible for enforcing the rules right? Compare this to a ref im the nfl.....I mean......the ro is basically the ref right? Does an NFL ref get to decide which rules are dumb and not call those penalties? What would happen if he did ignore rules that he thought were stupid? Would he get a warning from the league president? I doubt it...... I bet he'd get suspended and fined and or lose his job right? My point is Joyce wants to maintain order in the league she's in charge of.......suspending an ro and a club for ignoring league rules seems appropriate to me if that's the goal.
Many of us would like AIWB, many of us carry everyday that way. If you go way back to the origins of IDPA it was all about the D in IDPA. We would like AIWB but it will never happen, if it does it will end up being another class and most of us don't want that, I don't want IDPA to be USPSA. The feeling among member is this was way heavy handed and I have left out some progression. It went like this, club allows shooter at tier 1 match to AIWB, no score as far as I've seen reported. Some twat sends the video to HQ IDPA, HQ issues a statement reprimanding the club and hints at possible penalties. Joyce Wilson sees the post and comments I want immediate 6 month bans, HQ issues immediate 6 month bans. I think it was out of process and heavy handed, I also understand that rules are rules when I choose to compete.

That's harsh. No trial, no jury, nothing. I will say though the Wilson's own IDPA and it's their baby. They can do what they want and they always have. If you don't like it, then don't play the game.

Our club rules for IDPA matches are all IDPA rules apply unless superseded by our own local rules. Our local club rules state all equipment must meet either IDPA or USPSA requirements so we would not have allowed AIWB at the match. In fact last fall I sent a guy home who showed up with AIWB and he was none to happy about it.

Many of us would like AIWB, many of us carry everyday that way. If you go way back to the origins of IDPA it was all about the D in IDPA. We would like AIWB but it will never happen, if it does it will end up being another class and most of us don't want that, I don't want IDPA to be USPSA. The feeling among member is this was way heavy handed and I have left out some progression. It went like this, club allows shooter at tier 1 match to AIWB, no score as far as I've seen reported. Some twat sends the video to HQ IDPA, HQ issues a statement reprimanding the club and hints at possible penalties. Joyce Wilson sees the post and comments I want immediate 6 month bans, HQ issues immediate 6 month bans. I think it was out of process and heavy handed, I also understand that rules are rules when I choose to compete.
So.....the shooter was allowed to shoot aiwb.....at a match......but they didn't record his score because he was shooting aiwb? So is the ro saying it was "just practice"? I'm confused.

So.....the shooter was allowed to shoot aiwb.....at a match......but they didn't record his score because he was shooting aiwb? So is the ro saying it was "just practice"? I'm confused.
I’m just going off the Facebook posts. Which are often confusing because IDPA has been deleting some posts. The way the posts read it was scored but not posted in the match. People claiming to know the shooter are saying it was a protest of sorts, everybody protesting these days.

I’m just going off the Facebook posts. Which are often confusing because IDPA has been deleting some posts. The way the posts read it was scored but not posted in the match. People claiming to know the shooter are saying it was a protest of sorts, everybody protesting these days.
Omg well.......seems like if it was a protest it cost em with some suspension time and if it was a protest......they probably expected that as a potential result.

In any rate it seems the executive director has made her position CRYSTAL clear about appendix.

I was allowed to shoot IDPA with my thigh rig work holster. I didn't get a score or anything, I convinced them to let me run as training for work. Not an apples to apples comparison.

They also complained my gun was dirty.....after 10 hours on an ATV in the Sonoran desert. My mags were dirty too. Boohoo. My gun worked flawlessly through the entire match.

I was under the impression it was left to the discretion of the M.D.
Apparently not. Just downloaded the rules......pretty cut and dried on that one. If the rumor was out there and MD were allowing some "discretion" in the past.....the executive director just put a shot over their bow.

Screenshot_20210123-122144_Drive.jpg

the safety issue being discussed here is not new. it is not as simple as saying "keep your booger hook off bang switch". as one who has AIWB for ~5 years now, it is true that the method of carry allows for absolutely zero error. this is one of the main reasons I either carry a DA/SA pistol (92G) or a G17 with a striker control device (SCD). it's not that such safety equipment is necessary but it allows for some slight margin of error. any human who thinks they aren't prone to error is a fool.

While I'm an AIWB nut and frequently proselytize others to try it, one has to be realistic about the potential dangers with re-holstering. When it comes to putting some thousands of competitive shooters on a clock, I'm not the least bit surprised if a few testes or extremities get deleted. does this mean it should be "banned from the sport"....no of course not that's called protectionism and few of us support it.

Todd Green wrote and taught extensively on this topic all of which is worth reading.

I was allowed to shoot IDPA with my thigh rig work holster. I didn't get a score or anything, I convinced them to let me run as training for work. Not an apples to apples comparison.

They also complained my gun was dirty.....after 10 hours on an ATV in the Sonoran desert. My mags were dirty too. Boohoo. My gun worked flawlessly through the entire match.
It sounds like you are active duty something or other, you are allowed to shoot drop leg. The only catch is you have to be in full duty rig, I see lots of guys show up that seem like they serve together. You are scored against other shooters with the same rig.

It sounds like you are active duty something or other, you are allowed to shoot drop leg. The only catch is you have to be in full duty rig, I see lots of guys show up that seem like they serve together. You are scored against other shooters with the same rig.
Yeah, had to drive pretty much straight from work to make the match. It was my work rig, with everything I carry at work. Today, I'd be shooting in my armor as well if they'd let me.

This gayness is exactly why I went a few matches and stopped going.

Zomg, people what to train like its real life! Quick ban that!
I want to punch people in the face, how dare basketball ban that??

I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape about rules. Don't like the game, don't play it - simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom