IDPA Nor' Easter 1/21 @HSC

The annual Nor' Easter IDPA vent will be held at Harvard Sportsman club on 1/21/2012

Registration will begin at 9:15AM at the clubhouse

First shots at 10AM

6 stages(one will be lowlight) 96round min
lunch will be served for a nominal fee.. But the chili priceless

See you all on the 21st!!

Last edited:
I know you guys are really great about new shooters coming.

Any hints on what to bring, some of the stages must be outside in January. Any tips on what to bring for a new guy.

Gun, ammo got that, but I have only done summer events. Thinking the sunblock and water may not be much use?? [smile]

Thanks!!

I wear layers of clothing that are comfortable. A nice hat, some gloves. Be prepared to be in the cold for long period of time, Most shooters shed a layer of clothing during there stage.

Hand warmers are always popular both for your hands and toes.

Water I still suggest bringing some, I also find that some "trail mix" helps me do better during the day YMMV..

Keeping warm is easy if you are the 1st guy down range to tape and brass VERSUS the guy that does not move :)

I know you guys are really great about new shooters coming.

Any hints on what to bring, some of the stages must be outside in January. Any tips on what to bring for a new guy.

Gun, ammo got that, but I have only done summer events. Thinking the sunblock and water may not be much use?? [smile]

No real difference. Gun, ammo, mags, holster, mag carriers, concealment garment, flashlight. But also layered clothing, warm boots, gloves, hat.

I read somewhere in the IDPA rules that LEO's and military personnel that are off duty can wear their duty rigs as long as it had all the items in it (OC, baton, flashlite, etc) and compete in the match. Is this allowed and does it happen often?

I read somewhere in the IDPA rules that LEO's and military personnel that are off duty can wear their duty rigs as long as it had all the items in it (OC, baton, flashlite, etc) and compete in the match. Is this allowed and does it happen often?

Yes it is allowed:

Exception – Police or military officers may use their duty rig, but
ALL retention features of the holster MUST be used and all belt
equipment (mace, handcuffs, etc.) must be present.

Use concealment for scenario stages when
appropriate. Exception: Police or military officers when using
actual duty gear.

There are several LEO's that shoot regularly locally. I have seen them shoot some local matches in their duty gear. The Coast Guard Academy cadets shoot in their duty gear as well (NER).

Tomorrow's forecast shows there will be light snow doing the match. This match is called Nor'easter for a reason, please dress warm in layers. There will be coffee and donuts during registration at the club house. We will also be handing out hand warmers. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Tomorrow's forecast shows there will be light snow doing the match. This match is called Nor'easter for a reason, please dress warm in layers. There will be coffee and donuts during registration at the club house. We will also be handing out hand warmers. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Good luck to all. I was out at the range today and it was tough loading mags, cold fingers. Have a great day. I have to work Sat, I wish was with you all,as I need the practice.
Mike

Enjoy guys. I am headed out to the western part of the state to shoot with some friends if we dont get too much snow.

c6e4c3b5-c334-0e8a.jpg

Stage 1 in a winter wonder land

Again, Thank you all for those of you that came out to shoot today. A Big thank you to all the people that volunteered and helped make this happen. Lots of hard work, made more difficult with the snow. Thank you again.

Deb, we'll get you out to one of these yet! [wink]

Absolutely! You may see me at practice in the near future again!

Unfortunately I spent the day with a very sick dog instead of shooting anything. [frown]

c6e4c3b5-eca9-5a9b.jpg

And amazing moose chili for lunch;)

I'm in!

On behalf of Match Director Gene Gelberger and the entire Metro West Tactical IDPA Group, thanks to all who braved the elements to attend this match.

For the results please visit MATCH RESULTS - 2012 - January Club Match on our website. www.metrowesttactical.com

Thanks for putting this on and thanks to all who helped!

Great looking new result format.

The addition of the actual COF linked to the stage details, overall results, web format, and traditional PDF format is awesome!!

Great work john!!!!

Last edited:
Great looking new result format.

The addition of the actual COF linked to the stage details, overall results, web format, and traditional PDF format is awesome!!

Great work john!!!!

+1 to that!! Nice to see the COF in case you can't recall that stage!

Thanks to the MD and SO's for a fun match today. It was good to get out and shoot with everyone. And John, the new scoring format is great!

Hanwei

Thanks to all brave souls coming to shoot at real New England Winter weather.
Special thanks to the crew who put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom