I'd love to handle this guy's Johnson !

Don't any of you guys remember the table full of '41 johnsons at the BIG E gun show about 4 or 5 years ago selling for around $1,400 if i remember correctly but they may have been just $750 at first too. It wasn't too long after i seen these that every gun show after they were higher everytime. The last time i seen them they were around $3,500. Not too far from these was the table full of sniper G43's and 98k's too.

If i was going to drop that much $$$ it would be either a OOW BAR's or going into full-auto's which are a hoot to shoot too. I shot one of my dealers select-fire M14's and what a rush they are but the $9,000 price tag. If i bought the misses a new house first i may be able to pull it off Hmmm....

You guys are right though a nice small collection of american made stuff would be ok too.

Last edited:
I remember that table at the Big e and at several other shows. Thats the dealer that has the high end sniper rifles and rarer milsurps. I stay away from there because I can't afford what he's selling. However, if I ever hit the lottery... after I move to NH he'll be one of the first folks I look up. [smile]

Go to; www.ohioordnanceworks.com and checkout the A1918 SLR and the 1918A3 SLR too.

Those two guys who were at the BIG E many years ago is when i should of broke my piggy bank or remorgaged the farm and got the G43 sniper, the Johnson and the sniper 98k back then. I'm just too dam frugal(really cheap) to pay that much now unless i hit the lottery. I have a vision of an indoor 25yd, 50yd and 100yd range with a heated bench area in the winter time and cooled in the summertime and with a range store full of surplups and a place to eat with good food too thats my plans if i ever hit the lottery. No gun club or range today would come close to what i would build. I would have to have a museum too with all military surplus guns too.

Back
Top Bottom