ICORE match @ S&W Dec. 28th

O.K. I am an idiot.

I forgot that I flipped the calender sheet over in my office yesterday for 2009. That is what I was looking at. [rolleyes] Thanks Craig for the clarification on that!

Nothing more to see here move along, move along. [wave] [smile] [wave]

No Worries Matt,

your in my squad if you show up on the correct day.............[rofl]

And you will be working![rolleyes]
since, I think you an S&W qualified RO/SO.[shocked]
(bring a pen!) that Ghost holster just got more expensive!
[laugh2][laugh2]

And you will be working![rolleyes]
since, I think you an S&W qualified RO/SO.[shocked]
(bring a pen!) that Ghost holster just got more expensive!
[laugh2][laugh2]

If help is needed I can step up to the plate, no problem.

The old Ernie Hill Gun Leathers are used for the round stuff! They have Jedi powers I have been told... [shocked]

BTW... Are we able to shoot more than one gun at the match? I'd like to shoot open and stock.

This is what we'll do:

Everyone will shoot a single gun with their respective squads. No one will shoot a second gun the first pass.

When everyone is done, we'll see how many S&W- certified SOs are willing to stay and run the remainder through a second time. We
ll have to work out a charge for the second round with the SSC staff should that come to pass.

That is the only fair way to do it for all involved and avoid a circus.

I will probably not stay for round 2. The Shooting Sports Center closes at 17:00. We need to be cleaned up and out the door by then.

Craig

Some things to know before any match @ S&W

There are some SAFETY rule changes that everyone needs to know about. Because of the recent tragic events, there are some changes at S&W this winter. All those who are running stages have had to go through a course at S&W to be certified as S&W Safety officers.
For Shooters, the most important change for us will be the elimination of safe areas on all the ranges.
Going forward, before the match, there will only be one safe area for you to handle your firearm.
We will determine which range on match day & let everyone know at registration.
Please understand, you may only handle your firearm under RO/SO supervision. This is the only place you will be able to uncase your gun before the match to check your sights, holster and un-holster your guns etc. This will be a major change for all of us who have shot there before. During the match, if you have to use a safe area, if it's something quick, it can be done on the line of whatever stage your shooting on, Just ask the RO/SO on the stage. The other option is to go to the public range. Your entry fee gives you access to it.
Other Safety notes:
There will be NO Wolf brand ammo is allowed on S&W ranges, NO EXCEPTIONS (or any other ammo known to use steel cores)
On S&W ranges, all Minors must be accompanied by their legal guardian at all times on the range. ( No Dutch uncles, Grandpas etc..)
All shooters must have proper Eye and Ear protection as well as a HAT, (please bring your own, you'll look dumb in a cheap painters hat, unless your a painter!)
After the match, when your finished, you can un-holster and case your gun on your last stage only under RO/SO supervision or on the public range.
You may "holster up" & handle other gear anywhere, only No unsupervised Firearm handling.

These rules apply for all ICORE, IDPA and USPSA matches.
We are fortunate to have a facility like S&W for the winter and things could be a lot worse than a little inconvenience
See you Sunday!
Be prepared to HAVE FUN![laugh]

There are some SAFETY rule changes that everyone needs to know about. Because of the recent tragic events, there are some changes at S&W this winter. All those who are running stages have had to go through a course at S&W to be certified as S&W Safety officers.
For Shooters, the most important change for us will be the elimination of safe areas on all the ranges.
Going forward, before the match, there will only be one safe area for you to handle your firearm.
We will determine which range on match day & let everyone know at registration.
Please understand, you may only handle your firearm under RO/SO supervision. This is the only place you will be able to uncase your gun before the match to check your sights, holster and un-holster your guns etc. This will be a major change for all of us who have shot there before. During the match, if you have to use a safe area, if it's something quick, it can be done on the line of whatever stage your shooting on, Just ask the RO/SO on the stage. The other option is to go to the public range. Your entry fee gives you access to it.
Other Safety notes:
There will be NO Wolf brand ammo is allowed on S&W ranges, NO EXCEPTIONS (or any other ammo known to use steel cores)
On S&W ranges, all Minors must be accompanied by their legal guardian at all times on the range. ( No Dutch uncles, Grandpas etc..)
All shooters must have proper Eye and Ear protection as well as a HAT, (please bring your own, you'll look dumb in a cheap painters hat, unless your a painter!)
After the match, when your finished, you can un-holster and case your gun on your last stage only under RO/SO supervision or on the public range.
You may "holster up" & handle other gear anywhere, only No unsupervised Firearm handling.

These rules apply for all ICORE, IDPA and USPSA matches.
We are fortunate to have a facility like S&W for the winter and things could be a lot worse than a little inconvenience
See you Sunday!
Be prepared to HAVE FUN![laugh]

To be able to help out in the future, can you let me know how to take the S&W course?

Gary

if you were there, THANKS for coming,

if you missed it, well TOO BAD!

Thanks to all in my squad, (they shot fast, taped fast, picked brass fast, cleaned the range fast) which let us all leave first, I mean fast...........

Craig, you home yet?[rofl][laugh2]

I CHING
will say:
hecheatedagainasusualasso/ro

Last edited:
Thanks!

As John said - thanks to all who came. All in all, things ran smoothly - but I think we could have added another Classifier to slow that end down a little...

I think we ended up at about 45 shooters - not too bad at all.

We hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks to John Major and our friends from upstate NY for all their support. In just one day, John's grown the NE organization by 100%. What a guy!

And a BIG Thanks to Kris Sine for volunteering to run ICORE matches at HGC next Spring! That's big news. Keep an eye on this site and www.matchreg.com for more information. Kris is noodling up a catchy club affiliation name as we read this.

Don't forget to sign up for the IRC soon - flights are pretty reasonable and you won't find a better match anywhere.

Remember - ICORE is the light out of the Darkness...

Best Regards,

Craig

Great match as John and Craig said. If you missed it then you definately need to come out in the spring. Loads of fun. And this coming from a revolver clueless newbie who had to borrow gear to shoot the match. Great job done by Craig as always. It would have been a perfect day if John knew how to count.

Craig / John- Thanks for a great match. I had a lot of fun. My favorite stages were the two we set up on range #1, the stage with the ports and the stage with all of the different shooting boxes. If only John H. could have kept his squad moving... [pot]

It was tough trying to remember how to shoot round guns. I have to talk to them to make them do what I want. [wink] That damn dot is hard to find when shooting weak hand too...[shocked]

Where / when will the scores be posted?

Last edited:
Thanks to all that helped and organized this match and Thanks to John Major for getting the scores done so quickly.

The fast squad worked and played hard. We had a great day and I even got home by 6.

Thanks again, see you at the S&W Winter Nationals revolver day [smile]

Matt: I forwarded the scores to you.

Last edited:
Do they post results somewhere?

The only thing I can answer on is the International Postal match. Those scores will usually be posted on the ICORE web site by end of January. They will be linked off the right side of the main page.

Anyone that shot the match was told at the beginning to put an e mail address on a score sheet and results would me sent.

Worked for me !!

Thanks Gary I received your e-mail and John's after I posted. I would prefer not to have our full names posted on the forum (for security reasons of course [wink]) if someone does decide to post them.

That damn 10mmdave is just too hard to keep up with! [crying] We may have to "tune" his revolver or give him some special "match" ammo next time. [shocked][laugh]

Last edited:
Hey ! ! ! that 10mmdave guy had 2 melvins [smile]
I would have hoped you caught up after that [wink]
(and I hope it was only two [shocked])

To all that put this match on, Thank You, had a great time,
realized I haven't been shooting enough in the past 3 months
so now I'm looking for some boolits!
Looking forward to shooting a match down in Conn., if gas
stays down I might even think about the NY club too
(what's the name of that ICORE club again ??, I'll need a
driving partner so I can nap on the way home)

And Matt, if you put down that con-founded flat gun you'd
be the one we'd all be chasing [sad]

Thanks again !

Hi Dave et al - with all the activity on this board associated with yesterday's ICORE match at S&W, figured I'd better register!

Our club just west of Albany NY is the Watervliet Fish and Game Protective Association, website at www.wfgpa.org We'll be in our 4th year as an ICORE affiliate, and shoot April through October, "usually" on the first Sunday, but the dates do bounce around due to other activities. Our dates for 2009 have not been set yet, but will be posted on the calendar and under League info/practical pistol/ICORE.

As Gary noted, results from yesterday's ICORE match were emailed to everyone who wrote an address somewhere on the score sheets, from memory I believe 29 of the 43 attendees did. I'll be sending the results from the International Postal portion of the match to Paul Kennedy in Australia tonight, he usually compiles and posts the results very promptly after the close of the match.

John Major
New England ICORE rep

Postal results are up on the ICORE web site, problem is I don't see the Dec 28th S&W
match results ??

Did we miss the deadline ??
Or am I missing something else (besides my mind !)

I swear that wasn't there yesterday when I checked !!
I didn't see any of our names, (you, matt, john ??)
but glad I see 'em now !?!

Back
Top Bottom