• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IACP Expo Free to LEOs - 10/15-10/17/06

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
I attended the IACP Expo today. VERY worthwhile for any active or retired LEO. I'm planning on returning on Monday to "finish up" the rest of the Expo.

Info on event (Expo is open to all LEOs for free, no need to be a member of IACP.

All you need is a LE picture ID to attend.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=146000

Len I was there today, there was a lot to see. Unfortunately we got a swat call out before we could finish see everything I was glad to see there was no traffic at the brady bunch booth

Last edited:
It is a very large expo! >30 aisles. Lots of cruisers, small urban vehicles, motorcycles, swat type vehicles, command posts, and even 1 or 2 Bell helicopters.

I haven't made it to the gun stuff yet, as I started at aisle 32 IIRC. I only stopped at booths that I had previously plotted out due to time constraints and only made it to aisle 15.

FATS system and a few others where you could actually shoot and see how you did. Lots of leather, tactical gear, flashlights, etc.

I picked up some interesting brochures and CDs/DVDs, mostly put out by the US Gov DHS or some sub-section thereof.

Here's a brief of important details, not just to LEOs. MORE to follow.

- Taurus tells me that they will likely get their guns on the EOPS List. They are getting pressure from a MA Distributor to do this.

- H&K tells me that their P2000 (?) model is now on the EOPS List and they plan on adding the rest of their handguns to the List and meet the AG Regs.

- H&K tells me that our USPcs can be upgraded to Match Triggers (except for trigger stop) for ~$100/gun, making them a lot better shooting gun.

- I tried the FN5.7. Really sweet trigger! For political reasons I never expect to see this as an approved gun in MA!

- The impression that I got was that Taurus and H&K are acting on the premise that our new AG will be a lot better than Reilly. I seriously doubt this, but advise all that as soon as any of these guns become available, snap them up IMMEDIATELY!! I expect that AG Coakley will shut them down rapidly, like Glock . . . so our "window of opportunity" will likely be very narrow!

- I saw and spoke with Ron Glidden there for a minute or two. I also talked at length with a USSS Agent, who turns out to be Bill Pickett's Son! Seems like a real nice guy and he tells me that Bill Pickett is now a Constable in Holliston and Framingham!

Awesome show (Expo), much too much to see in a single day!

Back
Top Bottom