i was that guy...you know, the one we all hate

Damn. Is Brian Enos even around anymore??? Like the dude???? I haven't heard that name in years but I was thinking about him over the weekend.

And yeah, I've never felt the need to "start a thread" just to start a thread. F that. Jump in where you can. Move on. I barely notice 90% of the commenters here. I'll click "quote" on 3-4 posts and then be surprised at WHO I quoted when I start making my reply. Sometimes it's 4 quotes from ONE DUDE! Like I'm stalking him or something. I just never even looked WHO wrote it.
I know nothing about the guy and don't care enough to research him.

I just know that every time I Googled something related to the SW 929, the Forum popped up (just like NES popped up when I was researching getting a license in MA).

So I joined.

I add value wherever I can, but there hasn't been a need for me to either post too much or start a thread since there is a thread for everything I search.

Hi Maura!
Go green!
Dupe!
I'm Chris from NES!

Those make up for 60% of the posts here lately and they aren't even funny. It's the same on most forums, everyone just has to get a word in instead of answering someone's question. I can probably count the number of NES members who actually post useful knowledgeable responses on two hands.

Hi Maura!
Go green!
Dupe!
I'm Chris from NES!

Those make up for 60% of the posts here lately and they aren't even funny. It's the same on most forums, everyone just has to get a word in instead of answering someone's question. I can probably count the number of NES members who actually post useful knowledgeable responses on two hands.
I bet you are counting me twice.

When we moved to NC I complained about the cost of registering a vehicle vs NH and got jumped on by a bunch of rednecks.

Yankee go home, don't come down here and mess things up, etc. comments were prevalent until they realized that I was not from NY. A few guys still don’t like me and have most likely blocked me… but it is their loss. :cool:

i was joining in for the first time to another firearms related board. it's hard to be that guy. the new guy. you don't know what to write to break the ice for that first post. every subject has been beaten to death many times to the point we jump all over "the new guy" for being stupid and not searching for the answer. hell, what's the fun of that, if you search for everything, you'll never fall through that ice and start posting. i know a couple of guys who have registered here at nes but are afraid to post that first one. i said naaah, we don't do that. they said "you're the f***ing worst of the lot!"

back to my tale. i'm on this new board and started a new thread, my first, which i thought might be somewhat intelligent. jeezus, i got jumped. thoses mutts are worse than us. "this is the weekly post of that subject." "why didn't you do a search?" and tons more. you know how it goes. Damn, i was that guy. it went on for a few weeks, brutal it was. even those guys who have been members for years but rarely post jumped on board. but it was fun. i stayed calm and when they found out i gave as good as i got it tapered off. but the post got trillions of "likes". well, maybe not trillions but you get it. i'm beloved there now...well, sort of. nes was a good training ground.
Don't worry, we hate you to. [mg]

i was joining in for the first time to another firearms related board. it's hard to be that guy. the new guy. you don't know what to write to break the ice for that first post. every subject has been beaten to death many times to the point we jump all over "the new guy" for being stupid and not searching for the answer. hell, what's the fun of that, if you search for everything, you'll never fall through that ice and start posting. i know a couple of guys who have registered here at nes but are afraid to post that first one. i said naaah, we don't do that. they said "you're the f***ing worst of the lot!"

back to my tale. i'm on this new board and started a new thread, my first, which i thought might be somewhat intelligent. jeezus, i got jumped. thoses mutts are worse than us. "this is the weekly post of that subject." "why didn't you do a search?" and tons more. you know how it goes. Damn, i was that guy. it went on for a few weeks, brutal it was. even those guys who have been members for years but rarely post jumped on board. but it was fun. i stayed calm and when they found out i gave as good as i got it tapered off. but the post got trillions of "likes". well, maybe not trillions but you get it. i'm beloved there now...well, sort of. nes was a good training ground.
You cheating on NES?? Double price for you next renewal!

I know nothing about the guy and don't care enough to research him.

I just know that every time I Googled something related to the SW 929, the Forum popped up (just like NES popped up when I was researching getting a license in MA).

So I joined.

I add value wherever I can, but there hasn't been a need for me to either post too much or start a thread since there is a thread for everything I search.

Wow. He's old school. In competitive shooting, he LITERALLY wrote the book on it. It isn't really ground-breaking that much. It's dealing with the mental game of any sport. Good book. For a regular guy, his writing was decent. I forget why, but one day he just decided not to shoot anymore. He was done. He came up with Rob Leatham. They were buds, IIRC.

I forget why, but one day, he just up and stopped competitive shooting.

20 or so years ago, I bought my Dillon 650 off of him. He was great. Prices were awesome. A year or so later, he sent out an email - he mis-priced everything and wanted to let folks know they wouldn't get a deal like that ever again - I think he accidentally lost $ on the machines. LOL

If you want to get better at shooting or golf or throwing a foozball, reading his book will help. Practical Shooting. I'm sure I've got a copy laying around the gun room somewhere. I haven't picked it up in over 20 years. LOL

Why didn't you do a search?

Everyone feels the need to start threads rather than keep one going and add more info. I joined the Brian Enos forum. I never started a thread because everything I want to ask already has a thread. It is great.

Yes, you were that guy.

Not picking on anyone here but I love how there is so much shitposting and threads full of nothing yet a guy gets jumped when he asks a topic-relevant question simnply because it has been answered before.

As if there is some integrity to the post quality standard on this forum. Or any of them really.

Not picking on anyone here but I love how there is so much shitposting and threads full of nothing yet a guy gets jumped when he asks a topic-relevant question simnply because it has been answered before.

As if there is some integrity to the post quality standard on this forum. Or any of them really.

Well ... some reasons we have so much sh*t posting ..

1. People ask a question that has been answered multiple times and a simple search, even using Google, would bring up the thread. If you are lazy AF, why should everyone else give you good answers? ... you can't complain if you can't do basic research or at least properly word the OP.

2. Related to 1 - People S*CK at communicating. More than half the threads on NES are started with little to no detail, asking sh*t that can be Googled in less than 5min, which means they clearly did no research and expect everyone to guess what they want and give them a good answer.

3. Most "what do you think" threads are junk. The person already made up his/her mind. How many end with the OP saying "you are right, you all told me the gun is sh*t so I will get a different one"?

4. There is a pile of murder, rape, racism and 100 differen war threads because people need to feel special by creating a new thread and dumping their bullsh*t news feed on NES ... so you get sh*t for answers.

So yeah, you get sh*t answers because the thread is sh*t.

Look at the 320 sight thread I started this week. Only one sh*t post talking about China. I asked a clear question, I explained I was also doing research and even posted about stuff I read online. NES gave some great recommendations that, along with my research, I passed on to the guy.

Show people you put some work into it and you will get better answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom